Droid 4 16 gigs?

sikassdrummer

Reaction score
Ok so on a droid 4 it says right in settings under storage at the very top of the screen 16gigs ,and someone on here said " the droid 4 only comes with 8gigs"

Ok well in a sense he is correct it does only have 8 gigs internal storage total and I suppose the phone wants you to use Verizon,s back up plus which just copys everything on your computer weather you want it to or not so I removed it from my computer ,not the drivers just the double copys of music and pictures .
ok so with that being said why does the droid 3 also say 16 gigs internal storage and you get 11.8.

I get that both phones have to make room for the formatted data on the phone but the droid 3 came up with 11.8 and the droid 4 has 8 what ? that's b.s
how does a newer model revert back to the droid x2 I mean when it came out it was basically the same with a keyboard !!!
Now its got jelly bean 4.1.2 and is in the same category as the razor maxx,hd, atrix,photon and more it even runs smoother than the nexus 7 I had on fub 12th that ran 4.2.2that lagged and suposedley had 12 gaming processors and 4 core cpu

3So why did they cut down the internal storage ?Now you can have 3 games at 2 gigs each and be out of space . the reason this sucks is that with the nexus I had a 32 Gig and when full with apps and games 1 gig of ram didn't cut it
So I calles nivida graffix{ yea iam not spelling well I don't care iam in a hurry} and told them look you sold these that suck and climed over the million sales mark just thing if you made a 6 gig of ram 6f gig storage ..So after days of phone calls and emails they finnaly gave me a release date which I cant say and I will be shipped the 1rst 1080 32 gig nexus 7 with 2gigs of ram that's after I returned the 1 I bought to them personally for testing !so there is going to be a lot of improvement on tablets and storage , now the nexus didn't have a sd card slot right ! but we do droid owners , but if you didn't use it like most of us do for back ups and roms , it would be worthless because unlike the old lg ally when you download a game u have 2 choices not 3 1 phone 2 internal storage
wtf Motorola are u brain dead where is 3 external sd card
well think on that and the fact that they discontinued all of the notebooks /remember mini laptops running 200 to 320 gigs with 1 or 2 gig s of ram . well they just tricked the consumer by making them with a touch screen and calling it a tablet with a keyboard .. Food for thought wait and see in the next 6 months we will see 4gigs of ram on tablets and they are already running 64gigs of storage so its not long till the storage and ram equal out
for every 8gigs of storage there should be 1 gig of ram so 32gigs =4 gigs of ram and 64 gigs of storage = 8 gigs of ram then you will not ever have to say well this lags or freezes ! of course it does they make them as cheap as possible I repair them and they are crap ... wither to bulky or to thin or bla bla who cares what matters is does it do what it should and respond quickly .If not get a touch screen laptop and say f/u to the cheapskate desiners and make them see you wont settle for a pos tablet ,well that's to late were all victims of mainstream media and advertising . I include myself ,I wouldn't know any of this if I dint jump right in on the happy train to tablet town . but iam giving mine away when it comes to who ever on the site makes the
Best" Droid 4"ROM that is similar to droid 3 sd4800 includes gapps in it and lets the user add the apps he or she wants, It has to be for the ota jb 4.1.2 and I would be so thank full if some 1 could teach me how to add city id back in {with pageplus its free for life } so that makes it a great app . I did it on the droid 3 sd4800 just went into the zip file on astro file manager ,double clicked the zip ,opened and you see apps and something else ,well in apps you see the whole rom app by app a white paper and a white gear so I copied city id and pasted it there and I guess cause it was still ginger bread it took and works great but then I tried on sd5600oc which is ics and did it the same way and it would never show up it even showed installed and appers in the apps in the zip folder but not in the actual phones app drawer ? so any help on that would be super .. Look I just want to thank everyone who reads these super long thoughts I have and questions I have a lot of people I help and it relates to my work so the more knowledge I get from you guys the more I can help others as well . I want to thank this forum because a lot of the members have made great roms and root zip batch files ive personally used and am so happy with them . So I do thank you for all your hard work but you guys are software and I do hardware and am a mechanic as well so I need help understanding things in completion . just like you would ask me if u had a tune up done and the bill was 300$ what did you do you wouldn't just read the paper and pay ? kinda get it .I mat seem like iam coming off rude ,nut iam not I just want to learn from the wise people on here that are very gifted and have been given the gift of software programing ,iam 35 and didn't even have a computer until I was 27 so I thin iam keeping up pretty well for having a 10 year false start lol . ok well later and thanks again

OP
S

sikassdrummer

Reaction score
That was my last long thread seriously ! don't get all :mad:and please just help and direct me toward some one who can really answer my questions not links of whats been said ive read them . they don't answer what iam asking ,Thank You

BoingoInsanity

Reaction score
So why did they cut down the internal storage ?

I can't answer all of that, but the Droid 4 does indeed have 16GB of space. If you think in terms of a Linux system, which Android is a branch of, it usually has different parts of the filesystem in separate partitions, you get: 8GB for user space (/home), 3GB for Applications (/opt), and 5GB for the Stock ROM, Bootloader, Recovery & Updates (/ & /boot). If you are rooted you can ADB or Terminal into your phones other partitions, however, I wouldn't mess with them as you could end up in a soft-brick...

CheshireDragon

Reaction score
I could get a hold of marketing, because most of the reason devices have the features they do is due to them. However, I doubt they could give me a straight answer or any answer at all. Like Boingo said it does have 16GB and you can see the volumes in Terminal, but yes be careful poking around in there.

OP
S

sikassdrummer

Reaction score
Awsome

That's the exact kind of info I was looking for . Its all coming together . Thanks for taking the time to respond and help a new guy on the forum
Thanks Boingo Insanity