Droid 3 vs Droid Bionic

FlipBack

Reaction score
Going to get one of these soon (coming from a Droid 1). Obviously the physical keyboard on the Droid 3 is the biggest difference. I'm going to go to the store and play around with them. If I dont like not having a physical keyboard, then I'll go with the Droid 3. My concern is the other differences.

Bionic has 1gb RAM and D3 has 512mb. Does it matter?

Are there software differences?

Is 4G THAT much faster? I only web browse occasionally.

Which has more battery life? What if 4G on the bionic is turned off?

Those are my main questions. Any other input would also be appreciated. Thanks!

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I recommend you read some of the threads on the forum and elsewhere as people have gone into great depth about some of the questions you have asked.

As to the 4G, it's like night and day.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If you're going to the store you will see the differences for yourself. As Mission said, the difference between 3g and 4g is night and day.

The d3 will have better battery life just because right now all the 4g phones suck the life out of the battery fairly quickly. If you turn the 4g off on the Bionic, it won't use as much battery.

Since you are going to the store to try them out yourself (which is what I would've recommended in the first place) you'll see the differences for yourself. Moto's UI won't be different between the two but the speed between the two should be noticeable.

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
Just switch it to 3G if you don't like how much battery is being used on the Bionic! YES, more RAM is good! I have heard good news on Bionic battery life, basically that the battery is as good as the battery on my Droid X.

Reaction score
The 4g thing as implied on other replies is fairly significant. But speed of ui and scrolling and so I personally don't notice. 1gig ram is increased but since android has amazing memory allocation its almost unnoticed between phones. Although for some people it depends on how thin the phone is and overall joy of using the phone and battery life as well

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
F

FlipBack

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I ended up going with the Droid 3. I can easily text twice as fast on the physical keyboard as touchscreen.