Droid 3 update file

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
That wasn't my opinion, it came from a Moto forum manager. I'd bet those with test phones are treated different from us "regular" folks.

You are likely correct that the update will be available elsewhere soon after it's released, though he treated that like a less than likely possibility. We all know that everyone and their brother will be trying to get it off their phone before they apply it. Still, side loading it isn't what I intended when I said you would likely not get it. I was referring to the deployment.

Fletch33 is not a moderator or Motorola employee over there, he's just a poster. He's just wrong. The method to obtain the "leak" is the same method the phone uses to obtain the actual update. Since this update has been pushed to a users regular phone (not a dev) it's very possible quite a few non-forum reading/posting Droid 3 owners also have received it OTA. Motorola isn't going to soak test push an OTA and then say "sorry, thanks for letting us test on your phone but you'll have to buy a new one to get the real update". Just not going to happen.

As posted at XDA..

This file *IS* what the soak users got as their update.

So, if Motorola decides that they want to keep working on the update and release an even newer one later, instead of pushing 5.6.890 to the masses then they will have to have an upgrade process for the soak users which have already updated to 5.6.890.

I know when I was debugging the "check_for_upgrade" service, it submits your build version when it performs the upgrade check, so the response back is personalized to your current build.

So the process goes like this for 2 different users:
User A(running 5.5.959) checks for upgrade and gets the verizon.en.US.5.5.959->US.5.7.0-update.zip (sends I'm verison 5.5.959 receives 5.7.0)
User B(running 5.6.890) checks for upgrade and gets the verizon.en.US.5.6.890->US.5.7.0-update.zip (sends I'm version 5.6.890 receives 5.7.0)

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
I just want the official update so I these problems on the phone will be fixed

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

dustyjerran

Reaction score
I downloaded it and have been contemplating it, but I think i've come to the conclusion that i'm going to wait for the "official" ota.

can u send me the update file i can not find a download link anywhere that works.

Big D

Reaction score
I, as many have, just ran the update over my rooted, defrosted phone and all went smooth. Ran one click root without issue and back up and running perfect. Did the *228 thang as well.

Looking forward to seeing the performance differences.

Reaction score
I've been wanting to. Do the update but can't download the update all the links don't work and my phone wont download it anyway. ( download unsusessfull)

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

sledgep

Reaction score
From a powered off state, power+X

Sent from my A855, while on the move.

OK, I do this on my droid, all I get is an exclamation point inside a white trangle, with a greed droid next to it. am I missing something? I have searched around and I see alot of forums talking about loading software on the PC etc.. another talks about pressing the search button on the phone. I am eager for this update, as my battery life sucks even with the extended battery.

thank you

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
after that you have to press vol up and down i believe at the exclamation point.

rvcjew

Reaction score
Yes u must hold vol + while u press vol-, then use them to navigate and power to enter.

Sent With Droid3 Power

dbones

Reaction score
Can someone please share the update file? Just upload it to Dropbox or something and share the link please.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
He didn't post it. He sent it to you. Could you pm it to me?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk