New Droid 3 Update (Version 5.6.890) Rolling Out Now; Google Talk With Video & More

adipose

Reaction score

dragonfly1113

Reaction score

adipose

Reaction score
Maybe the one i tried earlier wasnt the same thing as that one thanks for the info will try tonight :) did you get urs updated?

Yes, I got mine updated. As it turned out, just moving the files back didn't work for me. I ended up using Pete's tool. It seems to fix some permissions and go through 3 reboots, so maybe it fixed something I missed. Since the tool exists, I didn't bother figuring out where I went wrong.

But after running "restore my /system/app" the update ran and my phone is updated. I then used Pete's script for removing bloatware, rather than do it myself.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
Yes, I got mine updated. As it turned out, just moving the files back didn't work for me. I ended up using Pete's tool. It seems to fix some permissions and go through 3 reboots, so maybe it fixed something I missed. Since the tool exists, I didn't bother figuring out where I went wrong.

But after running "restore my /system/app" the update ran and my phone is updated. I then used Pete's script for removing bloatware, rather than do it myself.

ok cool hopefully that works for me later thanks for ur advice.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score

worked like a charm, thanks!