Droid 3 Rooted

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dont have a d3 but woop woop, im all about the hackers rooting devices.

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
Oh happy day. My friend is getting her new Droid 3 today, and it looks like I'll be able to get her hooked up right away.

It was only a matter of time before someone told that locked bootloader to sit on it.

Darksthour

Reaction score
Just rooted my droid 3 uninstalled verizon crapware and installed TiBu and adfree. Thank you very much to all the developers who had a hand and worked on getting this done.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Oh happy day. My friend is getting her new Droid 3 today, and it looks like I'll be able to get her hooked up right away.

It was only a matter of time before someone told that locked bootloader to sit on it.

We just have root, that bootloader is still locked down tight. No recovery, no .sbf.....just root.

Darksthour

Reaction score
We just have root, that bootloader is still locked down tight. No recovery, no .sbf.....just root.

Even still. Root is amazing. We waited a month for root just to drop bloat. That should make every d3 user happy. I also feel that the Droid 3 and bionic are very close brothers in the phone world. If we have root for one we have it for the other. And as such if we have roms for one we will have roms for the other. If Moogle releases an unlocked bootloader or a dev cracks it this phone will be just as great as it's predecessor.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Awesome to see you guys finally got root!

Of course I realize I say finally when the D3 has been out what a month or a little longer? Just a month unrooted would scare me hence the finally.