Droid 3 or Droid X2?

Joe Droid

Reaction score
Just got offered an early update from my Droid 2. Best two options appear to be the Droid 3 or Droid X2. It appears that the Droid 3 does not have the 3B Mobile Hotspot. Is that true? I have PDA net that avoids that, but does anyone use that with the D3? Just curious.

Which would you choose?

Johnnyb

Reaction score
I think that's a tough quetsion. The D3 having just attained root might be ready to become a good phone with the right ROM but that's still sometime away. I imagine that Big Red will have to release an update, P3Droid will need to a hold of the zip file and maybe we can configure a recovery file from that...until we get recovery there won't be any ROM's. Without ROM's this phone sucks. Heck, it sucks until Big Red gets the bloody update pushed out.

Sent from my D3, rooted and looking for ROM's

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
Protect cell sent me and dx2 as replacement for my Dx, I hate it... it just feels so slow. Even after the v6 supercharger script and the cortex Tom, my old liberty dx kills this thing. I do not recommend the dx2.

Reaction score
I know this isn't really relevant to the main issue but have you tried freezing the blur apps and bloatware with Titanium Backup? I did that when I was running rooted stock and it ran a lot faster.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
That helped a little... thank you sir. But still it may just be me, but I don't recommend it

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Alright, I was just checking. Now, if it was me, personally, I would get the Droid 3 for the FFC and the physical keyboard. I've never had or used a FFC but it would be nice to have I think.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

DROID11

Reaction score
If I had a choice I would take the bionic over these 2 for many reasons other than just lte (1gb ram, 32gb SD preloaded, 16 gb internal). But the d3 is much better all around than the X2