Droid 3 and Droid X2 Show-Up in Best Buy Database with Model Numbers Confirmed

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
best-buy-system-D3-DX2.jpg

Best Buy already has the Droid 3 and the Droid X2 in their database, with their "official" model numbers, the XT862 and MB870 respectively. This bodes well for a quick launch for both devices this summer. In fact, the "rumor-mill" suggests that we may see the Droid X2 as early as this month of May. Perhaps Motorola decided to swap the release time-frame of the Droid 3 with the new version of the Droid Bionic... we shall have to keep our eyes peeled.

Source: Droid-Life

DyMiC

Reaction score
GWAH!!!!! YAY!!!!

I really really really really hope the X2 comes as fully loaded as they're saying it will with this Dualcore 1.2 Ghz chip and 768MB RAM. The qHD will be nice, too.

I just got my Droid X not even a couple months ago... and I'm already prepared to turn around and sell it if I can get my hands on DX2. The only deal breaker would be if it doesn't have the Front Facing Cam. Then, I'll just wait. I don't plan on being in a 4GLTE area for about another year, yet... so that's not a big factor right now.

I also ready in the comments on a news post that Asurion is already shipping out the DX2 as a replacement for the DX. I'm not sure if this is just a rumor or not... but if it can be confirmed as true, sign me up for Asurion right now, because I'm gonna "accidently" drop my X in the toilet. LOL! No. I wouldn't... but if anybody has Asurion and an X they're willing to sacrifice to the almighty Android Deities.... We can get this X2 Ball Rolling!

Graymayre

Reaction score
GWAH!!!!! YAY!!!!

I really really really really hope the X2 comes as fully loaded as they're saying it will with this Dualcore 1.2 Ghz chip and 768MB RAM. The qHD will be nice, too.

I just got my Droid X not even a couple months ago... and I'm already prepared to turn around and sell it if I can get my hands on DX2. The only deal breaker would be if it doesn't have the Front Facing Cam. Then, I'll just wait. I don't plan on being in a 4GLTE area for about another year, yet... so that's not a big factor right now.

I also ready in the comments on a news post that Asurion is already shipping out the DX2 as a replacement for the DX. I'm not sure if this is just a rumor or not... but if it can be confirmed as true, sign me up for Asurion right now, because I'm gonna "accidently" drop my X in the toilet. LOL! No. I wouldn't... but if anybody has Asurion and an X they're willing to sacrifice to the almighty Android Deities.... We can get this X2 Ball Rolling!

I don't suggest ever making a suggestion about intentionally breaking your phone for a quicker cheaper upgrade. I suggest you do not encourage such, either. Thank you

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The only deal breaker would be if it doesn't have the Front Facing Cam. Then, I'll just wait.

None of the leaked images of the X2 seem to show a front facing camera. If those images hold true, that would be a pretty big thing for them to leave out at this point in the game.

TayDee

Reaction score
I want the droid 3 for thr qwerty keyboard. But the phone is huge. I have the droid x now and I think its too huge.

DyMiC

Reaction score
That's exactly what I was thinking.

What kind of marketing approach is that to leave it out?

I'm also wondering about Battery Life and whatnot. Does it have a bigger battery? Or the same size? Has it been optimized to use less battery? What? I wanna know.

And the other big question that came to mind:

Since the Tbolt has DUAL RADIOS making it able to Talk'n'Surf... will this have dual radios? And will future phones have dual radios so we can have Voice+Data? That would be awesome. Not a deal breaker... but would be a total amenity.

pdc419

Reaction score

I'm also wondering about Battery Life and whatnot. Does it have a bigger battery? Or the same size? Has it been optimized to use less battery? What? I wanna know.

Since the Tbolt has DUAL RADIOS making it able to Talk'n'Surf... will this have dual radios? And will future phones have dual radios so we can have Voice+Data? That would be awesome. Not a deal breaker... but would be a total amenity.

From what I hear, on 4g you can talk and use data unlike 3g, obviously. So any phone that's 4g can do that

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score

From what I hear, on 4g you can talk and use data unlike 3g, obviously. So any phone that's 4g can do that

It has nothing to do with 4G. It works solely over the 3G/1x network.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

not true...well with the htc evo at least...i tried using data and talkin at the same time but it said it connection error

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

not true...well with the htc evo at least...i tried using data and talkin at the same time but it said it connection error

4G on the Evo (Sprint) is different than 4G on the Thunderbolt (Verizon). But as far as I know, voice over LTE has not been enabled. The ability to use voice and data at the same time with the Thunderbolt is on 3G right now, but I believe it uses a different type of 3G radio than the norm to make this happen.

Zecpull

Reaction score
I Really Like my DX.. but thought of going to the Casio Gzone because of the Ruggedness, even though I have carried Droid for 2 yrs now without hurting it But I heard the on screen keyboard Sucked. Amazon had them for $75 this weekend.
I do think the DX2 will me my next choice.. as if it is as good as the Dx but Faster.. It will be a great phone.

jodyberry

Reaction score
My bad. 10Char...

I think you heard about Assurion replacing the old Droid X, with what THEY call the X2 - basically designating that it's the old model with 2GB memory card instead of the original 16GB card.

Not the the new X2.

droidshot®

Reaction score
I'm all over that X2! I don't care about a front facing camera or 4g.I have the D1 and it still works great but I'm wanting something bigger and better but still Motorola!!