Droid 3 or continue waiting for Bionic?

Al Neri

Reaction score
I am seriously considering getting a D3 after watching the how to vids on here. My area is getting 4G at the end of the month. My NE 2 upgrade isn't til Oct but I am getting antsy in the pantsy and the D3 looks pretty solid.

I am nervous that the Bionic is going to be a disappointment and have ****ty battery life.

If its up in october why even fret if youre not buying a phone in the immediate future? There will be plenty of reviews for each by then... Bionic will be all like "meeep meeep.....PEEEWWWWNNNNNN!!!!!"

I get my NE@ discount in Oct but I can buy the D3 now at the 2 year contract price (I think my NE2 discount is $50 or $100 not sure which). More than likely I will wait but the D3 does seem liek a great phone.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Have to be honest, the $460 outright price is tempting, but I just bought an incredible 2 and it is quick. The extra RAM isn't talked about a lot but it really helps.

Sent from my Droid Bionic

OP
C

codye91

Reaction score
Oh, btw... Price is like this. I've been eligible for upgrade since February. I won't being paying the total price. Got a fascinate from craigslist and am running 2.3 on it now lol. Yes, I do go to tech. :p Back atcha'. I'm just thinking out loud guys. I love the physical keyboard, and I love the bionic. I just don't know.....

djk_dnb

Reaction score
Damn it! Now I'm facing a difficult choice too! D3 / Bionic

Hey, Everyone! = )

My new-every-two will be available to me on July 11th. I am a twisted mess as I try to choose between the D3, and potentially epic Bionic. Up until about a week ago, at which point, I dropped my D1 into my bathtub, I relied on a physical keyboard for all my text input. My fingers seemed to always accidentally land on some letter or character by accident as I moved on to my next desired letter or character... So... after my D1 took a dunk, I let it dry out on my laptop fan for 3 days... and it came back to life... mostly. The physical keyboard was still wonky though, and if I used it, would crash my phone. So, I learned to use the on-screen keyboard, and it discovered just how well the voice input function works. It's actually quite good so long as you are not in a noisy environment, and be sure to speak slowly and clearly. Anyway... I am torn between the D3, and waiting for the ghostly Bionic. I think that now, I can live without the physical keyboard, but I really do prefer having one if for no other reason for the forced screen orientation. My D1 is working well again, but it feels so dated and slow now, and I want something faster! What can I say? I'm a speed junkie! I know that it's impossible to promise anything about the Bionic, and I'm only sharing this info to show others that I am at my renewal date, and pulling my hair out trying to pick one!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I picked up the Charge just to test 4G and its blazing fast - the Bionic will be my next phone ;)

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I picked up the Charge just to test 4G and its blazing fast - the Bionic will be my next phone ;)

Your not alone!
I would have just gotten a Charge, but the feel of the device doesn't make you feel like your buying a $300 dollar phone.

DoctorV

Reaction score
Okay guys, tell me honestly... I have big fingers, which makes the touch screen keyboard evil sometimes... I also will not have 4G by the end of 2011... according to the verizon wireless website anyway. I live in a small town, and I go to school in a bigger town, but still not big enough I guess. I guess going to a major university in Virginia Tech still doesn't qualify Blacksburg for 4G. So, in not wanting to spend a ton of money for 4G tech that I can't use for at least another year and a half... What should I do?

It sounds like you just described exactly what the Droid 3 provides. If there is no chance for you to ever use 4G then getting the Bionic would seem like overkill.

DrPepper721

Reaction score
Not really. The Charge is really worth that extra money. The Charge has been working out greately for me and I have had no problems so far.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

wseyller

Reaction score
Not really. The Charge is really worth that extra money. The Charge has been working out greately for me and I have had no problems so far.

Overpriced in my opinion. No dual core, only 512MB ram, only 2GB onboard storage. Worth $200 but not $300. That is just crazy.

DrPepper721

Reaction score
Well first off I got this phone because the unlimited data plans were going to end for Verizon and that is one reason I got one of the 4G phones because I would be stuck with it for another 2 years.

And the best 4G phone had to be the Charge out of the tbolt and the revolution.

OP
C

codye91

Reaction score
Well guys, I think I have realized that even though I have wanted the bionic for a while and have been waiting for it since february, the droid 3 is a fantastic looking device. In reality, the Bionic 2 will probably have released before I receive 4g in my area. So I think that I have made my decision. The D1 was a great phone to many users and I really hope that the D3 has the same quality for me. I am very picky and careful with my devices, so I think that it will. How does that sound?

Sent from my Fascinate 2.3 using DroidForums

TGOD

Reaction score
Definitely get The bionic! 4g is crazy fast! And the screens bigger! But the Droid 3 is a awesome device! Not putting 4g on it probably lost a bunch of customers.!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums