Droid 3 or continue waiting for Bionic?

codye91

Reaction score
Okay guys. I need some input and guidance here. I live in an area where 4g might be available within the next two years. I am really torn between these two phones. I have been waiting for the bionic since february and I am also a big fan of the og droid, even though I never owned one. I need to know guys, and money is an issue, shoyld I continue waiting or jump in the droid 3 which looks to me like it is going to be a great phone. Feel free to post some specs in your advice, and I know the difference in screen size, but 4.0 with a sliding keyboard is awesome. Okay guys, debate... Go!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Okay guys. I need some input and guidance here. I live in an area where 4g might be available within the next two years. I am really torn between these two phones. I have been waiting for the bionic since february and I am also a big fan of the og droid, even though I never owned one. I need to know guys, and money is an issue, shoyld I continue waiting or jump in the droid 3 which looks to me like it is going to be a great phone. Feel free to post some specs in your advice, and I know the difference in screen size, but 4.0 with a sliding keyboard is awesome. Okay guys, debate... Go!

I am waiting for the Bionic. I want 4G LTE. If it is not in your area and LTE does not Matter to you then get the D3.

wseyller

Reaction score
For the most part it is 4G versus a physical keyboard. I want a 4g phone. If D3 was 4g I would consider it. D3 has slightly smaller screen. Bionic i'm guessing would cost $50 to $100 more.

moset

Reaction score
Physical keyboard is a nonissue for me as is 4G.
I guess screen size its the only difference?
Same otherwise?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

J

JriderG

Who needs a physical keyboard. The keys on my onscreen keyboard are bigger anyways. Droid3 is as useless as DROIDx2 imho. 4g is really fast. You could tether and get a 5gb file overnight.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Covington

Reaction score
I live in an area with no 4g and probably won't be getting it for a while(Northwest LA) but I still want a 4g phone for the simple fact that we may get it in 2012 and I also travel to Dallas quite often. Almost the (rumored) specs for the Bionic fits what I need in a phone.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Who needs a physical keyboard. The keys on my onscreen keyboard are bigger anyways. Droid3 is as useless as DROIDx2 imho. 4g is really fast. You could tether and get a 5gb file overnight.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I need a physical keyboard. Its all about preference so what might be best for you won't always be best for everyone else. This is what makes Android so great, CHOICE.

FastKatt

Reaction score
Bionic is 4g & dual core. Nuff said...

Swyped on my Droid, sent via Tapatalk. It's amazing what ones thumb can do!

wseyller

Reaction score
The D3 is aimed towards customers that want the slide out keyboard. There are some people that won't go without one. I personally almost don't need any keyboard. Voice input i used most of the time unless i need privacy or i'm in a loud environment.

Al Neri

Reaction score
I am seriously considering getting a D3 after watching the how to vids on here. My area is getting 4G at the end of the month. My NE 2 upgrade isn't til Oct but I am getting antsy in the pantsy and the D3 looks pretty solid.

I am nervous that the Bionic is going to be a disappointment and have ****ty battery life.

Reaction score
I am seriously considering getting a D3 after watching the how to vids on here. My area is getting 4G at the end of the month. My NE 2 upgrade isn't til Oct but I am getting antsy in the pantsy and the D3 looks pretty solid.

I am nervous that the Bionic is going to be a disappointment and have ****ty battery life.

If its up in october why even fret if youre not buying a phone in the immediate future? There will be plenty of reviews for each by then... Bionic will be all like "meeep meeep.....PEEEWWWWNNNNNN!!!!!"

DoctorV

Reaction score

Wow you're getting 4G at the end of the month but you may not get a 4G phone? That sounds almost . . . . . UnAmerican :) I'm a physical keyboard kind a guy but I say to hell with it if I can get 4G speeds :)

DrPepper721

Reaction score
Ya I currently own a Charge and the 4G speeds are amazing. When my phone drops to a 3G network it is really slow. So if you are soon getting 4G network I definitely recommend a 4G phone. Wait for the bionic or get one of the 4G LTE phones.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

OP
C

codye91

Reaction score
Okay guys, tell me honestly... I have big fingers, which makes the touch screen keyboard evil sometimes... I also will not have 4G by the end of 2011... according to the verizon wireless website anyway. I live in a small town, and I go to school in a bigger town, but still not big enough I guess. I guess going to a major university in Virginia Tech still doesn't qualify Blacksburg for 4G. So, in not wanting to spend a ton of money for 4G tech that I can't use for at least another year and a half... What should I do?

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
You go to tech? :p

I say go with what feels right to you. I say go to a store when the D3 comes out and see how it feels. Same with the Bionic when it comes out. Then go with which ever you like the best.