Bionic, waiting patiently, but worried

music life

Reaction score
Last I heard, and this was from 2 VZW reps, so take it as you wish, the Bionic is due out in June. I want to say I read somewhere the tentative release date is June 9th.

I can't wait for the release of this phone either!!

Black_Man_X said that they have not received any new Bionic/Targa to test yet. So I doubt it will be June!! I am thinking Early to late August!!!

that sucks. aug is to long

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Last I heard, and this was from 2 VZW reps, so take it as you wish, the Bionic is due out in June. I want to say I read somewhere the tentative release date is June 9th.

I can't wait for the release of this phone either!!

Black_Man_X said that they have not received any new Bionic/Targa to test yet. So I doubt it will be June!! I am thinking Early to late August!!!

that sucks. aug is to long

Early August to Late August is my prediction.. It could be July!!!dancedroid Or it could be September!!!:work3:

OP
Liderc

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I'll wait another month, I've got 2 upgrades waiting, so I don't mind blowing one to get rid of this OG. 2 years is too much for me to have a device, that sounds bad, but really, 2 years for a smart phone is ridiculous considering how fast tech moves.

leonozug

Reaction score
Grab the X2 when it comes out man, no 4G to worry about, but you'll have dual-core and lots of Ram. Should be out this month for sure, if not this week.

music life

Reaction score
Grab the X2 when it comes out man, no 4G to worry about, but you'll have dual-core and lots of Ram. Should be out this month for sure, if not this week.

i am seriously considering the x2. more i think about it, even tho im in a good 4g area, i really dont need 4g atm.

x2 and droid 3 are looking like the next phone i get. which ever has the better specs. altho the physical keyboard is a plus for the 3.

in a year when dual core 4g is perfected or even quad is thought about i will change. but i would hate myself to wait for bionic/targa to have it come out with problems and knowing my luck i would get the one that got terrible battery life and shut off all the time.

sooooo come on x2 and droid 3

OP
Liderc

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Definitely going to check out the X2 if it comes out soon, I didn't like the physical buttons on the X1 or I would have gotten it, but it's time for a new device.

Thanks for the suggestion.

leonozug

Reaction score
I had the OG Droid for a year and a half and only used the physical keys to flash roms man. With the X2's larger screen, you won't miss a physical keyboard. I'll never buy another phone WITH one.

OP
Liderc

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry I meant physical buttons on the front of the device, not the keyboard.

I despise the physical keyboard on the OG, it's terrible.

OP
Liderc

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is the hump on the back still there?

Reaction score
i am seriously considering the x2. more i think about it, even tho im in a good 4g area, i really dont need 4g atm.

Mannnnn!!! who DOESNT need to be 5-10 times faster than 3g? I cant wait for this phone stuff to be over.... the second I get my DB im off the forums until I get bored and root =)

music life

Reaction score

Mannnnn!!! who DOESNT need to be 5-10 times faster than 3g? I cant wait for this phone stuff to be over.... the second I get my DB im off the forums until I get bored and root =)

well it would be nice to have that boosted speed. but so far 4g is still limited. someone who doesnt live in a 4g area or travels a lot to an area without 4g(like myself) can go without a 4g phone.

plus with the bionic already failing badly who knows what problems it will come with. it could have terrible battery problems like the TB or just crash alot. i think there is a reason why vzw is dropping some 3g phones with dual core.

i passed on the TB for months to wait for the bionic. now people are saying an early release date would be early aug. i just think thats to far away for a phone that could be complete crap.