DROID 3 or Bionic?

brooklyn2410

Reaction score
so like everybody here I have an upgrade waiting and I was wondering about what I should upgrade to. I've been waiting for the bionic this whole time nd man is that phone lookin good. but the DROID 3 looks like a great phone too nd im pretty sure its droppin before the bionic. so which one should I go for?

Sent from my prototype DROID bionic

Zog

Reaction score
Galaxy s2

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

exodus125

Reaction score
the 4g is overrated if you ask me. My wife got a thunderbolt which is capable of 4g, but 99.99% of the times it only gets 3g, its a rare occasion you see it getting 4g. So I would prefer to get the pysical keyboard. I just recently had an upgrade and actually had verizon send me an iphone 4, ive had it for two days and I am miserable. I got it since I have an ipad and a mac, thought it be neat to have all iphone. I am sending it back, getting my upgrade reinstated and waiting for the droid 3 to come out.

The iphone is cool and all, but its sooooo limited on what it can do, the thing i hate the most is it doesnt have turn by turn gps and thats what i use the most on my phone and the physical keyboard is a huge advantage. I can type almost as fast as i do on a computer on a droid with the keyboard and without even looking at the keyboard. on a virtual keyboard you cant do that because its too hard to judge where the buttons are.

edit:

other things i hate:

you have to pay for most apps

your emails do not get delievered instantly to your mail server

seems imposible or very hard to acess non inbox folders of your emails

cool apps available for droid are unavailable for iphone and even the ones that are available, are usually not free.

Last edited:

TDevilsG

Reaction score
the 4g is overrated if you ask me. My wife got a thunderbolt which is capable of 4g, but 99.99% of the times it only gets 3g, its a rare occasion you see it getting 4g. So I would prefer to get the pysical keyboard. I just recently had an upgrade and actually had verizon send me an iphone 4, ive had it for two days and I am miserable. I got it since I have an ipad and a mac, thought it be neat to have all iphone. I am sending it back, getting my upgrade reinstated and waiting for the droid 3 to come out.

The iphone is cool and all, but its sooooo limited on what it can do, the thing i hate the most is it doesnt have turn by turn gps and thats what i use the most on my phone and the physical keyboard is a huge advantage. I can type almost as fast as i do on a computer on a droid with the keyboard and without even looking at the keyboard. on a virtual keyboard you cant do that because its too hard to judge where the buttons are.

edit:

other things i hate:

you have to pay for most apps

your emails do not get delievered instantly to your mail server

seems imposible or very hard to acess non inbox folders of your emails

cool apps available for droid are unavailable for iphone and even the ones that are available, are usually not free.

I've had a Thunderbolt since release date. The 4G is not overrated, the phone is fantastically fast. It loads everything in a blink of an eye. I would check out the area you're in to see what the deal is with the 4G coverage. I have a great connection outside of New York (I live in New Jersey), and in New York but not in certain buildings for some reason. The problem with the Thunderbolt is the horrendous battery life (one full day with less to moderate use) and the lack of a physical keyboard. Those two problems are enough for me to sell this phone and get the Droid 3. I will take a better battery life but more importantly a physical keyboard anyday over the virtual keyboard. I have yet to get used to it and it frustrates me beyond anything. I wish the Droid 3 was 4G because its so worth it, but in the end its not worth dealing with those other two problems.

My advice is this: if you want a 4G phone and you don't care about the physical keyboard, Bionic all the way. If a physical keyboard is a must, Droid 3 is the way to go. 4G is fantastic, but no physical keyboard is a problem

Last edited:

alboboy10

Reaction score
Over rated? LMAO!!!!

I get 4g more often than 3g.

And the speed...wow insane.

Get the bionic. I wouldn't get either, but if I had to choose I'd go with that.

OP
B

brooklyn2410

Reaction score
Over rated? LMAO!!!!

I get 4g more often than 3g.

And the speed...wow insane.

Get the bionic. I wouldn't get either, but if I had to choose I'd go with that.

what would u get then?

Sent from my prototype DROID bionic

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Get the Samsung Galaxy S2

If you're ok with the (presumed) lack of 4G and no physical keyboard. The Galaxy S2 is an amazing phone if it fits the bill for what you're looking for.

I need a global device, and I prefer a physical keyboard. Easy decision. Droid 3 for me.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the keyboard is good. I would definitely try it out in store before I bought it. IMO the keyboards on the Moto Droids have not been that great. It is especially horrible on the d1. An on screen keyboard is just as good these days IMO, but yes it is based on ones needs. The Droid 3 doesn't look bad. It has a lot of nice features, I just worry about it having the same memory allocation issues as the dx2.

b-jammin21

Reaction score

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Thanks for the link to a thread that is unhelpful, hasn't been updated in almost 3 weeks, and only has six posts...

Nice failed attempt at righteous indignation well after the fact.

That thread was just as relevant as this duplicate thread was when it was posted. And at the time the link was posted, this thread only had four posts, and it was even less helpful than that thread. There's no reason this entire conversation couldn't have been carried on in a thread that already existed about this exact topic. It's not a similar topic, it's the exact topic.

Try taking a look at everything before making an uninformed post like that.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I did. I read another thread that was much more outdated and unhelpful.

You should read the OP of the thread you posted. It's asking for a comparison of the Bionic/Droid 3 to phones that have already been released. This thread asks which one people prefer between the two - same sort of topic, different takes.

For me, I prefer this one. Is that okay with you or do I have to go post in the other thread?

Aside from that, I'm curious to see which one people prefer out of the D3 and the Bionic and why. Thanks for any input.

Last edited: