Droid 3 network Locked and now in DISMISS mode! Help Please!

xaser

Reaction score
Droid 3 network Locked and now in subsidy mode! Help Please!

Hello!

I would like to ask for help, since seems that my phone fall in a more locked state, a seems that is an issue that is starting to plague the Droid-3's models.

Well, the issue is, I bought a Droid 3 that came fine and with a Verizon SIM card, and activated. So I purchase an Unlock code on internet, in order to Unlock it for use in my country network ( I already unlocked succesfully others models in the past).

Well, the code seller sends me 2 codes as options for unlock, butin the first try both fails with my local SIM (following instructions), well, then I enter in a process of several tests with other option settings ( Changing Network to gsm, full resenting of the phone,etc), but aftera I almost sure was 10 attemps (I was 5 process in total, since I received 2 codes, so spend 2 by every stting that I was try), the phone reported "Dismiss mode" and since them the "Unlock Network" option was not available from the system and request for calling Verizon service.

So, I am not in USA, an neither have Verizon account, I am stuck with the phoen still network Locked and worst Locked also in "Dismiss Mode".

So, far, I would like to ask PLEASE some help in order to try to unlock the phone, since by now is almost bricked.

I also would like to resume the info that I found by my bad experience and related research in order to help avoid that others users may fall inthis locked state:

1) If you try to unlock your phone and the code is unsuccesfull, You have at the most a MAX of 10 times in total and if You reach 10 times, Your phone will be locked in "Dismiss MODE" and will be asking for calling to Verizon to try to solve and You will have to need a Verizon up to date account and in normal service.

2) The codes available in internet seems NOT ABLE to Network Unlock some Droid 3's and the issue seems in rising.

3)There is some info around about that Verizon change the internal codes of their phones, so seems that the Motorola provided code that some sellers offers seems that dont work.

Please, If somebody could help with a method or process to remove or pass the dismiss state, and some info about codes outside Verizon that really could work on network unlock, it will be very gratefull.

Thanks for attention and best regards.

Last edited:

bonesjones

Reaction score
Back in the day if you messed with the sim, after the 10 tries the sim card had to be replaced. Don't know about now days.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
X

xaser

Reaction score
Hello! Thanks for take time to help. I found that if remove battery for aorund 10-15min, turn on without sim (change to cdma), turn off, put my local sim, and turn on again, I get the "unlock network code" option screen available for input... but still my unlock codes by now dont works.

May somebody have info if in the last weeks, there are some succesfull Unlock of a D3 outside Verizon network with a unlock code... any info if recent code from unlock_fusion were succesfull in unlock a D3 in the last 2-3 weeks?... I would like to buy the codes from this seller but as far I found in the info around seems like if all the sellers have the same codes for D3 and that by recent itime this codes are NOT working like in my case, so I doubt about if this seller may have really working codes for recent phones (that are in fact suspected that have codes changed by Verizon...)

Thanks for any help/info. Best regards...

luiferrestrepo

Reaction score
Hi I am having the same issue with the phone. I will wait for ebay to reimburse my money and try to buy and unlocked one because waiting for the Verizon codes without an account will take forever.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

luiferrestrepo

Reaction score
Any update on this I received. A verizon code and it did not work. Do I need to be in th USA when I input the code.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums