Droid 3 Making Calls while locked

endoftheline

Reaction score
I this exact problem with my droid1, where even tho I had the phone locked with the pattern, my bluetooth headset somehow was able to trigger a call to the last person that the phone called. I never found a fix for it on that, and I just assumed this would be fixed on the droid 3.

I also saw there is a option "Allow Bluetooth Bypass" under security that comes off by default, and I have checked to make sure, and it is still turned off.

Now it just happened to me on my droid 3. I was actually looking at the black screen on my droid3 (it was locked and off), and then a button must have gotten pressed on my bluetooth, and then it called the last person dialed.

I have the Plantronics 925 Headset Right now:
Amazon.com: Plantronics Discovery 975 Bluetooth Headset: Cell Phones & Accessories

Do it seem like the headset is defective?
But either way, the droid should not be making calls while locked, I don't understand while this keeps happening even in the 3rd generation of the droid.

Anyone have any ideas on this or see this also happening on the droid3?

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I this exact problem with my droid1, where even tho I had the phone locked with the pattern, my bluetooth headset somehow was able to trigger a call to the last person that the phone called. I never found a fix for it on that, and I just assumed this would be fixed on the droid 3.

I also saw there is a option "Allow Bluetooth Bypass" under security that comes off by default, and I have checked to make sure, and it is still turned off.

Now it just happened to me on my droid 3. I was actually looking at the black screen on my droid3 (it was locked and off), and then a button must have gotten pressed on my bluetooth, and then it called the last person dialed.

I have the Plantronics 925 Headset Right now:
Amazon.com: Plantronics Discovery 975 Bluetooth Headset: Cell Phones & Accessories

Do it seem like the headset is defective?
But either way, the droid should not be making calls while locked, I don't understand while this keeps happening even in the 3rd generation of the droid.

Anyone have any ideas on this or see this also happening on the droid3?

That's the way it's supposed to work. If I couldn't make a call to the last person called by pressing the BT headset button for 2 seconds then it would greatly lessen the usefulness of BT. When out shopping, my wife and I often call each other when going in different directions and it would be a pain if I had to take my Droid out of my pocket, hit the power button, unlock with the pattern and then call her. What you are considering a problem is a significant feature for me and I suppose many others.

Edit: By the way, I have the Motorola H715 BT headset and my wife has the H710 and that feature is described in the owner's guide. I believe it was the same for our old Plantronic headsets.

Last edited:
OP
E

endoftheline

Reaction score
I see how that can be useful, but isn't that how it is suppose to work when you have the "Allow Bluetooth bypass" box checked? (To allow voice commands to be lanched while the device is locked...)

Because I have that turned off, and I just tested it out and after holding it for 2 seconds it does still activate the voice options. Is there another way to turn off the voice activation on my bluetooth perhaps?

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I see how that can be useful, but isn't that how it is suppose to work when you have the "Allow Bluetooth bypass" box checked? (To allow voice commands to be lanched while the device is locked...)

Because I have that turned off, and I just tested it out and after holding it for 2 seconds it does still activate the voice options. Is there another way to turn off the voice activation on my bluetooth perhaps?

I don't have Allow Bluetooth Bypass available on either of my phones. It appears that the phone has to have root to get it, which neither of our phones are. I did some Google searches for it, but nothing that I could find was specific enough to answer your question.

Fr33dom

Reaction score

Describe this in more detail. Do you mean that without any interaction from you, it dials? Does it seem to be responding to your voice? Or do you mean that when you press the button on the headset it dials (and if so, what did you expect to happen). Give us a good step-by-step of how to recreate the problem if you can.

Keep that off for now. It has a different purpose and could confuse things.