Droid 3 issue

Reaction score
Occasionally my D3 will just shut off and it will not turn back on unless I do a battery pull. It has done this once before and that's it. But today I have been doing battery pulls every 20 minutes it seems like. Any advice?

sent from Rooted Droid 3 using Droid Forums

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Maybe the easiest thing to check would be the pins that connect to the battery. Make sure that they stick out the same distance. I've seen at least a couple people mention that one of their connector pins was pushed in and causing the phone to shut off. They used a pin or something to pry the connector out and it fixed the problem.

If not, perhaps a software issue.

OP
G
Reaction score
Maybe the easiest thing to check would be the pins that connect to the battery. Make sure that they stick out the same distance. I've seen at least a couple people mention that one of their connector pins was pushed in and causing the phone to shut off. They used a pin or something to pry the connector out and it fixed the problem.

If not, perhaps a software issue.

Thx man. Ill take alook at it. Another thing is that its now doing is freezing no matter what I do. If I try to open g+, frozen, if I try to open DF, frozen lol. Im wandering if I should just do a factory reset?

NoBloatware

Reaction score
That sounds like a pretty severe problem. I wonder what software you've installed. I would consider a factory reset. You might want to try clearing the system cache partition first before moving on to something as "severe" as a factory reset. Also, maybe just try a different home launcher like my favorite GO Launcher EX.

OP
G
Reaction score
That sounds like a pretty severe problem. I wonder what software you've installed. I would consider a factory reset. You might want to try clearing the system cache partition first before moving on to something as "severe" as a factory reset. Also, maybe just try a different home launcher like my favorite GO Launcher EX.

I haven't installed any new software. The only thing I did was run the script I found at xda to rename the bloatware crap, but I renamed all of them using root explorer incase I have to do a factory reset.

jpblock82

Reaction score
I was having some major issues after I rooted, removed some apps, then attempted to restore those apps. I followed the steps below carefully, and got my bone-stock droid 3 back... which I'm happy with. More so now than when I first got the thing. It seems weird but since I've done this, I have yet have a freeze up, random reboot, etc.. im no longer rooted of course and actually might even wait till a stable custom rom comes out.

Something to consider...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1255198

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
G
Reaction score
I was having some major issues after I rooted, removed some apps, then attempted to restore those apps. I followed the steps below carefully, and got my bone-stock droid 3 back... which I'm happy with. More so now than when I first got the thing. It seems weird but since I've done this, I have yet have a freeze up, random reboot, etc.. im no longer rooted of course and actually might even wait till a stable custom rom comes out.

Something to consider...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1255198

Thx for the info, I think I figured it out. Well a temporary fix till I get off work anyway. Appreciate the help guys

OP
G
Reaction score
Well my droid is back at it again, only this time it wont charge either. I put it on charge last night when it was at 15% and I woke up to it saying fully charged, unplugged it and it shut off. Tried turning it back and nothing. Finally got it to charge somewhat, so I assumed it was just an issue with the charger I was using, let's just say that was a fail. I have tried 6 different chargers and none of them will fully charge,my phone. Then it will just randomly uninstall and then reinstall apps as well. Any advice? Should I must take it to my local verizon store or what? And do you think its just a battery issue or a hardware issue?

rvcjew

Reaction score
that sounds like a hardware issue i would factory reset first to make sure. or even flash the sbf if your daring enough.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I've had an individual night when I didn't get a charge so lets not get distracted by that at this point and consider the other things. Have you moved any apps to SD? Did you apply the scarfed update or flash the sbf?

Considering the history of your phone I would try a factory reset first. Remember not to sync the apps.

OP
G
Reaction score
I just did a factory reset and everything works just fine now. I didn't sync any apps or accounts other than gmail and all is perfect. Thanks for the help guys :)

FLE

Reaction score
If it was me and I had insurance I would just go to verizon and let them check it out. The phone is new so its still under MOTO's warranty. so If something is wrong with the phone its not gonna cost you a thing and if they cant fix it they will give you a new or refirb phone.. Unless you rooted the phone then all bets are off you just voided you warranty.

jpblock82

Reaction score
If it was me and I had insurance I would just go to verizon and let them check it out. The phone is new so its still under MOTO's warranty. so If something is wrong with the phone its not gonna cost you a thing and if they cant fix it they will give you a new or refirb phone.. Unless you rooted the phone then all bets are off you just voided you warranty.

Unless u sbf back to stock, then you're good.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I just don't trust the Verizon techs to do the right thing. There's been too many stories of the techs removing software or not properly resetting (not allowing apps to sync).