Droid 3 freezing and lagging.

hcarrero

Reaction score
This may have been posted already, but I'm so pissed I can't find the patience to look for it. I'm experiencing lagging and freezing on my Droid. I'm running motoblur and have very minimal apps installed. I have the widgets that are optional on the phone installed.....wifi, bluetooth, airplane mode. Every time I press the phone button to make a call I select my contacts and it literally takes about 1 minute to load. The text messages takes about 30 seconds for the name of who texted you to show. I had this phone for 2 weeks and yes I have done the generic response of doing a factory reset. Ooh yeah and motorola's favorites widget freezes when you select a friend.......WTF? This is my first and maybe last Motorola product. I wander if they even read these post to improve their products?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Well if you want moto to read about your experiences, post on their forum.

Most people complain about lag on Blur so you might try Launcher Pro, Go Launcher or one of the other replacement launchers. There is also the possibility that you have a misbehaving app causing the problem since those times sound an order of magnitude higher than anything I've heard before. Just to clarify some things you might list your apps and consider answering a few questions.

1. When you did the factory reset, did you let your apps sync or did you go back to the market?
2. Was the factory reset a response to this problem? Did it solve this problem temporarily?
3. How long ago did you do the factory reset?
4. When did you last restart your phone?
5. When did you last do a battery pull?
6. Are you syncing your facebook contacts? How many facebook friends do you have?