Anyone having freezing/lag issues w/ RAZR HD?

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I've been having similar issues. The keyboard freezes and adds or deletes letters, the home screen will take 4-5 seconds to show any apps when I hit the home button. Apps reload randomly, deleting anything I have written and forcing me to search for my spot in videos. The browser also lags, and doesn't register a touch until after the lag, often clicking the wrong link. I think this phone is just straight crap. Two factory resets later and I'm ready for an iPhone.

I hate to say it but AMEN man. This phone is not only laggy but buggy. Over the weekend, for some unknown reason, it stopped streaming music via bluetooth through my car. Wifes iPhone was fine, mine, it would play out of the handset, though I can control the tracks with the CARS CONTROLS!

Also, I cant take the case off now or the side card tray comes a little loose and my phone says "SD card removed" then I have to mess with it.

This phone is too much. The only saving grace it has is the battery, my wifes iPhone5 battery blows.

If Apple came out with a bigger screen, and better battery, it would be a no brainer.

Also, now my GPS will not show UP, it will just show where you are going on the map, why? Who knows.

I have to deal with this thing now till the Droid Ultra comes out, which will be through Verizon, so I will still have to deal with their mega fail bloatware.

Also, so sick of ppl telling me to root it and do this and that to it. Why? The whole point of Android used to be FREEDOM, now it just like jail breaking it? I dont get it.

legend221

Reaction score
I hate to say it but AMEN man. This phone is not only laggy but buggy. Over the weekend, for some unknown reason, it stopped streaming music via bluetooth through my car. Wifes iPhone was fine, mine, it would play out of the handset, though I can control the tracks with the CARS CONTROLS!

Also, I cant take the case off now or the side card tray comes a little loose and my phone says "SD card removed" then I have to mess with it.

This phone is too much. The only saving grace it has is the battery, my wifes iPhone5 battery blows.

If Apple came out with a bigger screen, and better battery, it would be a no brainer.

Also, now my GPS will not show UP, it will just show where you are going on the map, why? Who knows.

I have to deal with this thing now till the Droid Ultra comes out, which will be through Verizon, so I will still have to deal with their mega fail bloatware.

Also, so sick of ppl telling me to root it and do this and that to it. Why? The whole point of Android used to be FREEDOM, now it just like jail breaking it? I dont get it.

Sounds like you may have a bad device. Return it ASAP. Mine has no issues and I'm sure pretty much everyone else here can say the same. Rooting, bootloader unlocking and Rom development is the best thing that can happen to a phone. Others that have other devices wish they had what we are able to do with ours.

We can only encourage others so they can be as happy as we are. If not then leave your phone as is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Sounds like you may have a bad device. Return it ASAP. Mine has no issues and I'm sure pretty much everyone else here can say the same. Rooting, bootloader unlocking and Rom development is the best thing that can happen to a phone. Others that have other devices wish they had what we are able to do with ours.

We can only encourage others so they can be as happy as we are. If not then leave your phone as is.

Rooting, bootloader unlocking and Rom development is the best thing that can happen to a phone.

Then why does the warranty get voided?

legend221

Reaction score
Rooting, bootloader unlocking and Rom development is the best thing that can happen to a phone.

Then why does the warranty get voided?

Because our carrier knows that many people are not too good at following directions and end up bricking their phones. Also they don't like the idea of phones being upgradeable and usable after the 2 year contract. They are trying to hook you to another contract once the phone is supposedly old.

Doing these things are not hard, been doing it since 2008. It's a choice though either put up with the issues or fix them. To each thier own.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Your phone is broken Jimmy. wtf... why would you not demand a new one already??? The SIM issue alone is reason enough.
EXCHANGE YOUR PHONE!

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Your phone is broken Jimmy. wtf... why would you not demand a new one already??? The SIM issue alone is reason enough.
EXCHANGE YOUR PHONE!

I would, but honestly, scared to, I have so much on this thing and I know it would not be a smooth process like Apple, (apps, contacts, etc)

Besides, like I said, I am just gonna deal with it till the Ultra comes out, since I am in a contract, and DO NOT want the iPhone5 in any way shape or form.

Just looking for a good Android.