Droid 3 died. won't turn back on when plugged in.

harris21

Reaction score
My Droid 3 battery died last night and so when I got home I plugged it in to the wall. The Motorolla dual core technology screen comes on but nothing more than that. I left it plugged in all night last night and had that same screen this morning. I have tried a battery pull already.

rvcjew

Reaction score
is your battery actually dead? are you pluging it into a wall or computer? if the phone is off when charging does it show the battery meter?

OP
H

harris21

Reaction score
the battery is dead. i watched it power off when it died. i am plugging it into the wall. i've never seen a battery meter when charging.

rvcjew

Reaction score
To see the meter you press the power button once. Sorry I didn't see you said earlier it was the wall.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

huskur

Reaction score
If you have a car charger then I suggest putting it on that for 10 minutes or so. It charges at a different voltage. Slightly higher than a wall charger. That should do the trick

OP
H

harris21

Reaction score
the power meter won't come up and i tried the car charger and got the same results as the wall charger

rvcjew

Reaction score
What happens if you plug it into the wall open the keyboard, and hold s(safe mode) and then hold power do u ever get the boot screen animation? And if that doesn't work can u get into the recovery by holding x instead of s?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums