Droid 3- black bar on left hand side of screen

mypalOtis

Reaction score
When I go into V-Cast apps and hold my Droid 3 horizontally, there is a thin black bar on the left side of the screen and the first letter of the all options (new apps, featured, ect.) are in this black bar going up the side, just past the white rows. It looks off no doubt. Just wondering if it's my phone or it's on all the droid 3's.

New here- don't know too much. This is my first smart phone so any help would be great!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I just checked on mine. I would say it's an app issue. It's probably not optimized for the screen size, or resolution. I notice the buttons at the bottom when in portrait(vertical) mode are offset to the left as well.

OP
M

mypalOtis

Reaction score
thank you so much. glad it's not my phone cause i am really becoming attached to it even though it's only been a few days.

i am still considering the droid x2 as an option though (i find i don't use the slide out keyboard very much).

would you happen to know how similar the two are? do you have any reception problems with your droid 3? i find it awkward to hold and wonder if the droid x2 is more contoured and comfortable.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
thank you so much. glad it's not my phone cause i am really becoming attached to it even though it's only been a few days.

i am still considering the droid x2 as an option though (i find i don't use the slide out keyboard very much).

would you happen to know how similar the two are? do you have any reception problems with your droid 3? i find it awkward to hold and wonder if the droid x2 is more contoured and comfortable.

They aren't as similar as the DX and D2 were. They have different processors all together.
I haven't had any reception issues with mine.

My wife has the DX, which the DX2 is the same shell, and its not bad. Bigger than what I like though.

end of line...