Help - Left side of screen and return key

DroidG

Reaction score
Last night I started having a problem when I try to press an ICON on the left side of the screen or the "go back" buttom on the bottom left nothing happens. the Icons in the next row work fine and all the other bottom buttons work fine, it is just the extreme left side that doesn't sense I am pressing a key. Is there an alignment function or screen centering function that I need to use to get the left to operate?

Thanks
George

OP
D

DroidG

Reaction score
I went to a Verizon store to have it checked and said it was a hardware problem so they are shipping me a new one which I should have in a few days. So I just have to manage without anything on the left side of the screen which is not easy.

Anyone know how else to use the go back feature without that lower left button working?

hysinthius

Reaction score
mines doing the same thing. started last night. I did a factory wipe with no affect at least to the problem. guess im going to the store too.

j

hysinthius

Reaction score
according to a tech software pushes ae happening this week and that may have caused the issue. Im sure i could reinstall the previous OS but they are giving me a new phone so...ill just swap it.

j

masiv

Reaction score
This sounds similar to the same problem I had with my first Droid. With mine it was the bottom row of icons when in portrait would not react to any touch. Just above the app drawer.

Took it to a Verizon store and it was replaced as a hardware issue. Acts like it needs a screen calibration, but the capacitive touch screens do not need to be calibrated.