Droid 3 battery issues

terryreed123

Reaction score
Hello to everyone. I have been a Droid user for the past 2 years, and I just upgraded to the Droid 3. I love the phone, but the battery life sucks. I have a second battery but can only charge it in the phone, so I have to keep changing batteries to make sure they are both charged. I have spent hours online trying to find an extra battery charger, but I guess the Droid 3 is too new. I have always had an extra battery charger for all of my smartphones, so that a battery is always charged. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have found battery power packs, but I'm not sure how they work. The ones I have been looking at are the New Trent ifuel IMP500 5000mAh External Battery pack and Charger, the Motorola Power Pod Universal External Battery, or the iGo Charge Anywhere External Battery Charger. Does anyone know anything about any of these items, or does anyone have any other suggestions.

RightGirl

Reaction score
I purchased an external and internal battery charger from www.WirelessGround.com and everything I've ever purchased from them has worked well but this for some reason is not working. The last phone I had, he also offered the 2 battery charger and that one worked just fine. Perhaps this one is just defective and needs to be exchanged. But here it is:
Monaco HTC Spare Battery Charger
His Video (tab) shows you the compatible batteries but you can see at the bottom of the device the USB port to also plug in your phone, to charge both at the same time.
dancedroid

Last edited:

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
im moving this to the D3 section where u might get more responses from other members using the D3

Uncle700

Reaction score
I purchased an external charger from cellular factory. There is an older thread about external chargers. The cherger that I got will charge both the external battery and the phone at the same time.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Uncle700

Reaction score
Just got home and checked my invoice. The charger came from cellularfactory and is Momax Battery Charger, item number 49536-5 which fits Motorola Batteries BF5X. Will also charge the extended battery for the D3. Can also charge the phone at the same time as charging an extra battery.

Hope this helps.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I love the D3 battery life. I am using the extended battery but the stock one seemed very good too. I wonder if you are running antivirus (uninstall it), security software (uninstall it), automatic task killer (uninstall it), or if you've set up the built in task manager to autokill apps (don't. remove all of your autokill settings).

There are many many many other ways to improve battery life. Two big things to try:
- set phone to CDMA only (not GSM/Global)
- make sure WIFI sleep policy is set to turn off WIFI when screen turns off (wifi settings > menu > advanced > sleep policy)

OP
T

terryreed123

Reaction score
I purchased the same extra battery charger you are referring to...in fact I purchased two, and neither worked. I finally purchased an extended battery and cover. I also purchased the Motorola Power Pod Universal External Battery. It's small enough to carry in my purse and when plugged into my phone will give me 5 additional hours of power. I had the Motorola USB extra battery charger for use with my older Motorola Droid and it worked great, but the new Droid 3 battery is longer and thinner. Hopefully someone will invent a Motorola USB extra battery charger that will work with the new Droid 3 batteries.

OP
T

terryreed123

Reaction score
I cannot find the Momax Battery Charger, item number 49536-5 at the Cellular Factory. I could not find any Momax Battery Chargers at all. Are you sure that's where you got it?

FLE

Reaction score
Amazon has them for right now 11.95 USD part as is [h=1]PowerGen Multi-Purpose Universal Rapid Battery Charger for Use with Motorola Atrix 4G / Droid X / Droid 2, 3 / Triumph , HTC Sensation / Thunderbolt / Inspire 4G / EVO 4G / EVO 3D, Samsung Galaxy S2, S / Epic 4G I email the seller and the seller said it will work with the D3 batterys hope this helped ya.[/h]