droid 2

sharpz

Reaction score
hey guys, i was wondering what the reviews are of droid 2 owners. Verizon is sending me the phone on Tuesday. I had the droid 1, but been having problems so they are upgrading me for free.

Let me know.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I got a D2 under the same circumstances as you.... my D1 screwedup and they sent a D2 instead.

What I have found from my experience....

the D2 is just all around better. It seems that everything the D1 does good, the D2 does better.

From apps, to calendars, to looks, gmail notifications and options, everything seems to be improved upon.

apps have more options.... my calendar displays ALL my google calendars, not just my main gmail account I have on the phone.

I have next to zero FC's.

The physical keyboard is a little bit different. I takes some re-getting used to. But I remember having to get used to the D1 after using an LG Scoop for 2 years. Once you get it, you'll find it's actually better.

Be sure to send the D1 back within 10 days or they charge you full retail for the D2

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is the third best phone out, or possible the second, depending on who you ask...In my opinion the Original D is still the best ;)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
3rd best? bah Its THE best one out.
I figured that post would bring mixed reactions :) still having my O/D I am sticking with it being the best, but the Droid 2 is a very (very) worthy Successor to the Original

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
don't grab ahold of a D2 then, you will never look at your D1 the same again... lol

it's like dating a supermodel after dating a regular model. Sure, the regular model is hawt..... but you'll never go back after dating the supermodel lmao

MrKleen

Reaction score
I feel you will be very pleased just as I am with mine!

Loved the D1, but the 2 is just plain better!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's the best analogy I have heard yet, I actually played with the D2 at the local VZW and the keyboard is Nice, what an upgrade...I am saving my NE2 for something bigger and better though

OP
S

sharpz

Reaction score
Well I'm getting the D2 for free, so can't really beat that!

psychicdroid

Reaction score
I saw one in the store, and really didn't like it at all. Too much extra junk on it that I really don't want on my phone. As for the physical keyboard, I don't like it at all.

If I can't get a droid 1 replacement to satisfy me, I'll stay with my messed up D1 before I'll take a D2.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I saw one in the store, and really didn't like it at all. Too much extra junk on it that I really don't want on my phone. As for the physical keyboard, I don't like it at all.

If I can't get a droid 1 replacement to satisfy me, I'll stay with my messed up D1 before I'll take a D2.

I hear ya, but playing with it in the store is never the same as having a new one in your hands at home!

psychicdroid

Reaction score

I hear ya, but playing with it in the store is never the same as having a new one in your hands at home!

True, but if I don't like it in the store, the chances of me actually taking it home are zero.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a great phone. I like the fact that it hasn't given me a single issue since I've had it.

Works great with my bluetooth headset. IMHO 2.2 runs better on this phone then it did overclocked on my D1. Now that may be my imagination, but it still says a lot.

Virtual keyboard is taking a bit of a learning curve. It seems very sensitive but I'm going more and more to voice to text. It does a pretty good job at that as well.