Droid 2 wont turn on

Alexiel

Reaction score
I have a droid R2D2 and have had no problems with it until today. I charged it like normal then went to my music. It told me that the phone didnt support the files (they are all mp3s and I listened to them on the phone yesterday). So I took the battery out to reset it when I put it back in the phone didnt turn back on. After that I plugged into the charger and it went to the battery screen saying it was at 100%. I took the battery out again and plugged it back in then it said it was at 60%. Its now saying 100% yet again but has yet to turn on I dont know what to do.

louy99

Reaction score
I would just turn it in to verizon tomorrow and they will give you another battery to try or just replace the phone.

Sent from my DROID2

RachES

Reaction score
I'm a newbie here, but no newb to forums /coughgencoupe.com/endcough, so I searched for my issue to keep from starting a new thread about the same issue. I haven't really found a query that matched mine as closely as I would like, so here goes:

a friend gave me a D2 after he switched carriers. He told me he only used it for about a month and that it had spent the next month chilling in his car. However, "chilling" is the exact opposite of what it did. That month was probably August or September, which here, in the Cackalacky del Norte, is crazy hot. Now, the screen doesn't appear to have any damage from overheating, (i.e., milky white screen and whatnot) but I can't get the darn thing to power on. He didn't give me the charger for it, so I borrowed a DX2 charger, let it charge for a few hours, and still nothing. The charge light doesn't come on at all when it's hooked up, and when it's on a charger the Moto logo screen intermittently comes up for a few seconds and goes off. I took it to VZ, and they put one of their "tester" batteries in there. The Moto screen came up, but we couldn't do anything else. Any thoughts or suggestions, other than throw it away and get a new phone? I'd like to keep this one for my other line...I just need it to function, darn it!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm a newbie here, but no newb to forums /coughgencoupe.com/endcough, so I searched for my issue to keep from starting a new thread about the same issue. I haven't really found a query that matched mine as closely as I would like, so here goes:

a friend gave me a D2 after he switched carriers. He told me he only used it for about a month and that it had spent the next month chilling in his car. However, "chilling" is the exact opposite of what it did. That month was probably August or September, which here, in the Cackalacky del Norte, is crazy hot. Now, the screen doesn't appear to have any damage from overheating, (i.e., milky white screen and whatnot) but I can't get the darn thing to power on. He didn't give me the charger for it, so I borrowed a DX2 charger, let it charge for a few hours, and still nothing. The charge light doesn't come on at all when it's hooked up, and when it's on a charger the Moto logo screen intermittently comes up for a few seconds and goes off. I took it to VZ, and they put one of their "tester" batteries in there. The Moto screen came up, but we couldn't do anything else. Any thoughts or suggestions, other than throw it away and get a new phone? I'd like to keep this one for my other line...I just need it to function, darn it!

Ok...gotta read up on your post...lol I'm here though....

You juss been TAPPED! by the drummer
LIQUID 3.0 or Anything but Stock!!!!
<><>-------------------PEACE---------------------<><>

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oooooooo...so..we have heat damage? I want you to do one thing for me..this will cut out all other things to see if we can get it to work..or not....Being there is probable hardware damage...let's do this.....I want you to take out the battery for a sec and then replace it...at the same time, slide out the keyboard and then press and hold the x button and the power button....then if you see the lil android dude with exlamation triangle...push the lil spyglass button on slide out keboard.....then after that and it fails, we will try to hold the power button and the up volume rocker for a bit to see if we can get into the bootloader....lemme know what happens...

RachES

Reaction score
I've tried pwr and x, both on and off of a charger...no dice. :( I'll give her one more shot, though.

RachES

Reaction score
pwr+x= nada...not sure thatit has enough juice to do anything, though, since none of the chargers i have seem to work. :(

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
pwr+x= nada...not sure thatit has enough juice to do anything, though, since none of the chargers i have seem to work. :(

I can't believe verizon didn't try these combinations..you know, you have to do these while the phone is off..and hold them down at the same time right? Also the power and up on volume rocker...if no dice...get your battery charged and try..until then, that's all we can do...sorry:-(

RachES

Reaction score
yeah...my VZ isn't exactly the best...:D yes, I'm aware that they have to be pressed simultaneously. :) I guess this leads me back to my charging issue. I put chargers that I know are good and are plugged into a wall receptacle into the port. The charging light will come on when the connector is about halfway into the device, but once I pass that point, and the connector is nestled into place, it goes out. The light will stay on if I manage to get it balanced in at the halfway point. Any thoughts on that?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah...my VZ isn't exactly the best...:D yes, I'm aware that they have to be pressed simultaneously. :) I guess this leads me back to my charging issue. I put chargers that I know are good and are plugged into a wall receptacle into the port. The charging light will come on when the connector is about halfway into the device, but once I pass that point, and the connector is nestled into place, it goes out. The light will stay on if I manage to get it balanced in at the halfway point. Any thoughts on that?

Try keeping it in that position...or maybe try plugging in to a computer?...no problem on the helping..lol Pleasure was all mine..hope you get it charged so we can try the button presses again...lol