my droid 2 wont turn on? need help

visokey215

Reaction score
my phone wont turn on at all, unless i plug my charger in but even then it only brings up the motorolla logo then shuts right off. how can i fix this?

dbst

Reaction score
How long have you left it charging? I'f it's dead, it could take almost an hour to charge.

Swyped from a Droid

+1
Just shut it off and leave it on the charger for about an hour

timmerz

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem with my Droid X I just got yesterday...is there any indicator, like a light or something that should be glowing to let me know the charger is active, and is there anything that will let me know when it's fully charged? It's on the charger and when I push the on/off I get a battery with a question mark inside of it on the screen...

Khiraji

Reaction score
Hmm, that sounds like your device doesn't like (or isn't detecting) your battery. Maybe try taking the battery out and ensuring that there's no dirt or dust blocking the contacts. On my D2, there's a small white LED next to the USB port which illuminates when charging, but as far as I know it doesn't change color/behavior when the device is fully charged.

These days I dock my D2 in the docking cradle, and it says on the screen when it's fully charged.

Barristro

Reaction score
A similar problem hit my phone late last week; it would detect the USB charger only if the phone was off. I do not know if using a wall charger instead of off the computer would have changed anything.

I wound up removing some recent apps, restarting the computer, and pulling the battery. One of those things made it work again.

Were it my phone with your symptoms, I would try charging it with the wall charger. If it was still going through the charging->starting->not-charging->turning-off steps, I would take off the back cover and once the phone turned itself on, pull the battery so that the phone crashes instead of sleeps. That way the phone won't try to turn on when you go to charge it again. But I give no guarantee that that will work (or even that it will not damage your phone, it's just what I would try).

EDIT; The real first step would be to borrow a charged battery from someone else, start the phone and turn it off. But, I don't know anyone with a Droid, so I never think of that first.

Last edited:

chrstdvd

Reaction score
This morning my phone had 20% battery. When I went to bed last night it was 100% so I checked my Battery Indicator App and then clicked on Usage. It said over half the power was consuned by Ihartradio app. Then scratching my head, I opened the Ihartradio app to see what was playing. The app was not on. So I decided it was time to turn the phone off and charge it.

But the white light would not come on when connected to wall charger. I unplugged it and used the power button to power it on. The whit M came on screen and then it went into Droid 2 Bootstrapper. I hit the camera button to choose/execute "Reboot" and the phone came to life and then I was able to plug into the wall and charge the battery.

The reason I went through all that here is to let you know that Droid 2 Bootstrapper app will get you out of most all of these quirky situations and it knows when to do it.

pjrech

Reaction score
It's solved to me

Is your Droid 2 smartphone failing to turn on? Here are a few things to try.

1. Plug the Droid in using the wall power cord. (Plugging it to a PC or other USB powering device doesn’t provide that much juice.)

2. Try pressing ALT + Shift + Delete simultaneously a few times. This should soft reset the device.

3. Pull the battery from the device and replace it.

If none of these options work, you may want to try a hard reset.

If that doesn’t work, you may want to take the Droid 2 back to where you purchased it for a replacement.