Droid 2 unresponsive after turning screen off

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Somebody better call a technological shaman and perform a mass exorcism on all these possessed DX/D2/D2G phones!!! Haha just kidding.

But anyways, FoxKat provided some good details, which hold water, to some of your issues. Use the back arrow key, or, while still on an application press the Menu button and click exit or whatever is provided. But mostly back arrow key is good. I wouldn't advise using ATK since there are many cons than pros about these.

Be sure to read comments about the next app you download. Comments, left by past and present customers (about the app you are about to download), are just as critical as anything else and provide details on what these customers experienced with that app(s). Also check for comments by customers that even leave a make and/or model of their phone with their comment since a problem they experienced could be the same exact make and model phone you have. Also, don't forget to read the Dev's details and instructions! Sometimes they leave details saying "***FOR DX ONLY!!!***" and you have a D1... don't try it or risk it.

Turning off your phone every now and then is also good. I usually turn my off at night when I sleep. Every 1, 2, max 3 days is essential to it.

Also, pressing Menu (at the home launcher) and go to Applications, Manage Applications, and click on the Running tab. You will see all the apps running on there so find some apps on there that are deemed unnecessary to be running and FC it. This is the safest procedure to use rather than Memory Boost, any ATK apps, or any other apps associated. If you wish to be able to watch apps running then Watchdog Lite is a good free app that allows you to monitor running apps and will notify you when a suspicious app is suddenly going crazy or doesn't seem to be acting compliant with you or the phone and will ask, on your authority, to terminate it, whitelist it, or ignore it.

I've had the phone reboot on me twice. Had someone call me but the screen wouldn't come on twice, and other similar issues I've had with the D2 A955 since September. Last bizzare activity I had was back in early December when I really got into scrutinizing apps, sudden memory trigger loss, app conflicts, apps still running without acknowledging it and such.

Treat it like a computer/laptop. Make sure things are running smoothly and make sure you're not using excessive apps and leaving them running in the background.

Last edited: