Droid 2 Text not sent error. Seriously need help.

alasset

Reaction score
My droid wont send texts to one single person. I have done a soft reset, i deleted his contact, i downloaded handcent, i deleted all his messages. I dont know what else to do. The text will try to send but it wont go through and it will give me the text not sent message. On both the text and handcent apps. If i start a new conversation and type in his number not as a saved contact it will allow me to text him. but only while i keep the thread open. once i close it i have to begin an entire new conversation and delete the first. its so crazy frustrating :icon_evil: im currently visiting family and i dont really have an opportunity to go into a verizon store so i was hoping someone has had this problem and hopefully has a solution.

Joe Droid

Reaction score
I am having the exact same problem, except that I know of two people that I can't send a text to. The same work around you have found also works for me.
Somebody! Help!

Joe Droid

Reaction score
Fix, sort of

I found a fix that will work better than entering phone number, but it's not a real, permanent fix.
Just go in and add the phone number in again as another "mobile" number, if you used the 1 before the number, then enter it without it. If you didn't use the 1, then add it before the number you want to call.
If your original contact phone number came from Facebook, it will be locked and you can't change it. If not, then simply change the phone number.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Go to menu>settings>applications>manage applications then scroll down to your messaging app (the stock one). Click clear cache, then clear data. Be sure to save any pictures/videos you received and want to keep before you do this. They will be deleted. Just to go one step further, reboot. Try sending a message after rebooting and see what happens. I'll check back later to see if it worked. Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

kanyonkritter

Reaction score
this is the second night in a row I have lost my data connection and ability to send and recieve text messages. Is there something going on with verizon or do have some strange virus on my phone?

angelfire_2011

Reaction score
Mine started acting up and slowly it grew to a total of 4 people that I couldn't text. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I checked the contacts and all the people I couldn't send a text message to was the contacts linked through facebook. All I did was add the number again (starting with area code) by hand. I didn't unlink anything. Then go to your text message and add the number without the plus sign (the one you just entered) and send a message!