Droid 2 stuck in red eye, but part of it is working

Irony58

Reaction score
I've got a Droid 2, running 2.3.x (probably 2.3.7), that is stuck in red-eye power-up. I was changing the wallpaper to something in my picture gallery but it went black after that. I tried rebooting, but it never gets past the red eye. I removed the battery, plugged it in the wall charger, pretty much everything I could find online short of a factory reset. But the strange thing is that when it's plugged in, I get the notices when I get text messages. I have an announcer app that tells me who's texting and that is working. It also rings and announces phone call. But I can't answer anything, because it's still in red eye mode.

So am I still screwed or is there some way to rescue the phone? I'd rather not lose my pictures, but I need the phone working.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have USB Debugging enabled you can used ADB to do a full backup of everything. Otherwise you're probably just going to have to go with the factory reset.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
That happened to me once and the only solution was a factory reset

Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

Barristro

Reaction score
I had that happen to half of my screen before. The phone still worked, but half of the screen was unusable (which pretty much made it all unusable). The phone isn't "stuck" at the eye, it is fully booting up, but the eye is still on the screen and not allowing you to perform any screen actions.

Pulling the battery while the phone was on did the trick for me.