Droid 2 stuck at M logo.. Need help..

mischawalker

Reaction score
hey guys ( im new :icon_ banana:) , ive been watching this forums for a while now and searched for my answer for hours but i cant get the right answer..
here is my problem...; I have this phone only for 2 days (milestone 2 from europe) but it cant boot anymore.. i rooted the phone using z4root.. everything was going okay so far.. the i installed bootstrap to install a rom.. so i was in bootstrap recovery and installed the rom.. when i wanted to reboot the phone it wouldnt get past the bootscreen (M) logo.. There are a few things i tried: i tried to turn on the phone while holding x to wipe the cache and data but i got a android with an exclamation mark in a traingle and when i tried pressing the search key on the keyboard nothing happend.. then i tried getting into clockwork recovery by batterypulls.. and using the wallcharger method.. but i didnt get into clockword.. then finally i tried sbf flashing the phone.. but it didnt work.. after i press start everything looks wel but i get the error : Phone{0000} Phone not compatible with multi-interface superfile.. i really dont know what to do now..

Thanks in advance,

Mischa

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The Milestone 2 and the Droid 2 are as different as the Milestone and the Droid.

Are you flashing the correct SBF for your bootloader version and area? If not you're not going to have any success.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Since his is the European version, would that make it more like a D2G than a D2?

The Milestone 2 and the Droid 2 are as different as the Milestone and the Droid.

Are you flashing the correct SBF for your bootloader version and area? If not you're not going to have any success.

DroidForums junkie!!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Unless I'm misremembering, the Milestone 2 is a GSM phone (like the original Milestone), the D2G is a world phone.

Anyway, I'm off. The mammal needs sleep so I can see about getting this tooth I broke tonight looked at asap. Hopefully we can get this situation resolved quickly. :)

iwilzkilz585

Reaction score
I had same issue it was because I messed up the.boot strap. I tried flashing it too with motos thing nothing worked even brought it to Verizon and they couldn't flash it. Was just sitting at moto symbol.u need to ship it out. Order a new one / replacement

OP
M

mischawalker

Reaction score

Thanks for your fast reply =D but how can i see what SBF i need and where can i find it? yep i'm a total noob :huh:

I had same issue it was because I messed up the.boot strap. I tried flashing it too with motos thing nothing worked even brought it to Verizon and they couldn't flash it. Was just sitting at moto symbol.u need to ship it out. Order a new one / replacement

damn thats bad.. i will try to fix it first..

Last edited:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Good point. Do I dare ask how you "broke" your tooth?? Haha!!!

Unless I'm misremembering, the Milestone 2 is a GSM phone (like the original Milestone), the D2G is a world phone.

Anyway, I'm off. The mammal needs sleep so I can see about getting this tooth I broke tonight looked at asap. Hopefully we can get this situation resolved quickly. :)

DroidForums junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
FBM will know better than me about the sbf but I will still chime in and help as much as possible too.

Thanks for your fast reply =D but how can i see what SBF i need and where can i find it? yep i'm a total noob :huh:

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
M

mischawalker

Reaction score
i made a backup in clockwork.. how can i restore it? maybe that solves the problem?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Getting into recovery on the newer devices can be tricky (according to Spaz33g). Let me see if I can dig up where he explained how. Brb...

Update: couldn't find it. He's offline too so I'd send him a PM tomorrow sometime and he could tell you. He's VERY smart with the newer Droids, I've learned A LOT from him!

i made a backup in clockwork.. how can i restore it? maybe that solves the problem?

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
M

mischawalker

Reaction score
Getting into recovery on the newer devices can be tricky (according to Spaz33g). Let me see if I can dig up where he explained how. Brb...

Update: couldn't find it. He's offline too so I'd send him a PM tomorrow sometime and he could tell you. He's VERY smart with the newer Droids, I've learned A LOT from him!

DroidForums junkie!!

ok.. thanks :)

OP
M

mischawalker

Reaction score
another quick quistion.. why cant i delete my cache when holding x by powerup? i get this screen: (see attachment) when i hold the search button ( magnifier) nothing happens..( sorry for my poor english..)

Update: That picture is not clear but instead of an : ?.. like most people have.. , i have an : !..

UPDATE 2: i needed to press the @ button instead of the search utton

Last edited:
OP
M

mischawalker

Reaction score
Guys ( maybe girls:heart: :icon_ banana:) its solved!
I needed to use this sbf file : sbf:milestone2 [And Developers] ..
I'm searching now for a .sbf file with a newer version ( can somebody find it?).

Thanks for you replies