Droid 2 R2D2 Rooting help

emerica243

Reaction score
I recently got a new r2d2 droid 2. After researching for days on rooting it i have some final questions. Im assuming these are the steps i have to take.

Step 1. SBF Via VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf

Step 2. Root the phone via Z4Root.

Step 3. Install bootstrap recovery

Step 4. Make a backup via bootstrap

Step 5. Flash Apex1.4 via bootstrap

My questions are as follows...

Do i need to check any versions of anything before i SBF? Do i need a specific Bootloader version or Software version so i do not brick?

Is there a full SBF of the original r2d2 version? Even though ill have a nandroid backup i would like a r2d2 full sbf.

negropy

Reaction score
As far as I can tell, there's no 2.4.5 SBF. I'm rooted, overclocked and made some changes to mine but the only reason I don't get a different ROM is because of that. If you flash, there's no coming back to stock R2. I'd like to see what stock GB brings to R2 first. Your steps look good, though.

Sent from my R2D2

OP
E

emerica243

Reaction score
Negropy thanks for the reply. As far as as 2.4.5 sbf, i found this linked from mydroidworld...dont know much about it though

VZW_2.4_Full_ROM.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

negropy

Reaction score
That one is not a full sbf file. It's a ROM, and I think Motaboy did a great job, but that file won't take you back to out of the box R2, and that will certainly keep you from seeing OTA updates for your phone until somebody comes up with the sbf file for our R2s.

Sent from my R2D2