Droid 2 WEIRD battery life help

emerica243

Reaction score
Recently got a Droid 2 R2D2, rooted, Apex1.4 flashed. Heres my question, compared to my droid X the battery is so bad. Ill start off with a full charge at 6am, and come 7pm ill be at 20%. Compared to my droid X with like 50%

GPS, BT, Wifi = off

3G = on, brightness = 20%

Maybe 30 mins of call usage a day. And 100 total texts or so.

Not sure why this phone is acting so bad.

BUT, when i originally got it and rooted it. I started off by Flashing the 2.3.20 SBF, then factory resetting before flashing the APEX Rom.

While flashing with RSDLite 4.7 it nevr said the flash succeeded. It actually said failed, but the phone rebooted automatically and loaded the Stock SBF Rom successfully so i thought it was alright. Could that somehow be affecting the performance?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
No,
No,
no,
no and
No.

Terrible battery life, droid 2, r2d2, and global. Only 'fixes' are extended battery, underclocking/undervolting, brightness as low as possible, and carrying around your charger. I'm sorry!

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

OP
E

emerica243

Reaction score
Dang, well doesnt that just suck? Are there any posts/articles that show best battery life phones and worst?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just buy an extra battery on Amazon for 8 bucks and a charger that plugs into the wall from ebay for 5 dollars. Thats how you extend your battery life.

OP
E

emerica243

Reaction score
Thats more of a crappy workaround, totally unneeded.

miketoasty

Reaction score
I get anywhere between 10 to 25 hours on fission with pretty moderate use. Texting, emails, occasional Angry birds. With full brightness, no Wifi, BT, GPS. I dunno why you would be getting so terrible battery life except Antivirus, or task killer maybe?