R2D2 Stock

hayjude99

Reaction score
I want (need) to get my R2D2 looking factory stock for the folks at VZW for a replacement.

Yes, I know I should have a backup, and I did! I had two just to be sure. But somewhere along the road, with multiple OS re-installs on the computer it was double backed-up on, and a few changes in SD cards (some broken, some corrupted) both backups got lost.

When the charge port started cutting out and the screen started acting really funky (I was eating a really juicy plum and I think some juice may have gotten in the phone o_O but VZW can find that out on their own), and I went back to my SD card/computer and couldn't find the back-up for the life of me, I freaked.

I know there isn't a r2d2 specific sbf as far as I can tell, but I was wondering if anybody had a way to take the stock android that I would sbf to and make it look identical to the r2d2. I don't think it needs to be 100% flawless on the visual side, but I'm not sure if the people at the facility where they send dud units could tell by plugging it in and checking some version. I'm not even sure how hard they look...

If anybody were realllllly nice and had an r2d2 D2 they could let me use their back-up, and I could just factory data reset (and then make 50 backups and burn them to cd, place them in a fire safe box in a bunker leftover from y2k). I might be willing to donate to the nice person...

I beg you guys to help with this situation and cover up my fail... all until I can upgrade to the Droid Bionic or Samsung Galaxy S2.

OP
hayjude99

hayjude99

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, should this be in Droid 2 Rom?

OP
hayjude99

hayjude99

Reaction score
*gasp* I might actually give you an ehug if you can find that!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, let me know how it works. Make sure to wipe data and cache before you flash.

CM74DX

OP
hayjude99

hayjude99

Reaction score
Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou :) It worked. To the VZW store! *flies away*