Droid 2 OTA Update soon?

loco-droid2

Reaction score
I have only recently been having issues dropping 3g . I would like to get the update but not sure that I want to un root just yet.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
R
Reaction score
Nocturnal...you're a noob, lol jk. Gingerbread is the new android os update. We didn't get it with this update, idk why some people thought that. We only got a firmware update with speed improvements and bug fixes for the most part.

OP
R
Reaction score
I have only recently been having issues dropping 3g . I would like to get the update but not sure that I want to un root just yet.

I got rid of my root, I think its worth it for the update. You can actually view your contacts...instantly. no more waiting 10 minutes for them to load, the lag while scrolling through them has been significantly decreased and is only present when scrolling really fast through them. the motoblur ui is now snappier, not as fast or smooth as say...launcherpro, but there is an obvious improvement in speed. Those are the things I've noticed off the top of my head, there are more things

pool_shark

Reaction score

I got rid of my root, I think its worth it for the update. You can actually view your contacts...instantly. no more waiting 10 minutes for them to load, the lag while scrolling through them has been significantly decreased and is only present when scrolling really fast through them. the motoblur ui is now snappier, not as fast or smooth as say...launcherpro, but there is an obvious improvement in speed. Those are the things I've noticed off the top of my head, there are more things

I didn't experience any of the issues you mentioned and I don't want to lose root. I definitely won't get the update any time soon.

loco-droid2

Reaction score

so to answer my question, i do not need to unroot to get the update but will likely lose root after i install the update. the only issues i have had with mine is the recent g3 connectivity issues .

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Threads merged....

Use this thread or the one on the front page News

efexay

Reaction score
how should rooted R2Droid2 users treat this? disclaimer, I do not use a custom ROM.

thanks.

Sippykipnip

Reaction score
It says my phone is update when I try to pull it. Anyone else having this problem?

kechamb

Reaction score
So am I to understand not everyone is getting this update? When I go to system updates it says mine is up to date.

OP
R
Reaction score
I don't think there are any differences in core software experience with the R2D2 droid 2, the only difference is apps right? Im really not positive, i don't have an R2D2 Droid2. As for Sippykipnip, Motorola said that they were rolling out the update to a few "test groups". I happened to be among that group of people, and so did most other people, thats the impression i got from reading the forums and other websites.

Cloppy

Reaction score
Megaupload or rapidfire. What's the file name? With the droid 1 it downloaded to the sd card and it ran from there. Don't know if it works the same for the 2. I noticed it also updated the radio from 05 to 07. Any boost to the signal?

kiyanofosho

Reaction score
i need that link to the update. Im trying to make a rom for us! hopefully somewhat comaprable to squidly for those of us who like blur