Droid 2 Lagging Problems! Please Help!

lilbkro77

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 and i can't realllly complain about the performance of my phone as of right now... but then again i just had to get it wiped for crashing and i dont think i have an absurd amount of stuff. Im running LauncherPro and use ATK a lot but im still not getting that iphone-like performance on my homescreen (especially when the display first turns on) and when launching apps. I've read a lot of things saying that it's possible to have apps that slow my phone down but how do i know which apps those are? I love my phone but I wish it performed top notch! PLEASE HELP!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Get rid of ATK. It does more bad than good.

OP
L

lilbkro77

Reaction score
really because the guys at verizon installed it. do u suggest something other than it?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No, Google has openly stated that using aftermarket task killers screw with the native Android task killer, causing performance issues.

That said, VZW representatives don't know much about anything other than how to sell a phone.

mullene

Reaction score
Do you have a live wallpaper?? I've noticed on more than one occasion that while I have a live wallpaper there is an almost unbearable amount of lag. Then I switch it, and it's fine.. It really sucks cause there's a couple of live wallpapers that I LOVE!!! :sad:

OP
L

lilbkro77

Reaction score
i had the same situation as you! i loved mine but had to get rid of it so no i dont have one as of right now

louy99

Reaction score
Maybe moving your apps to the sd card will make your phone run faster. Or you can root your phone and overclock it

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
L

lilbkro77

Reaction score
yea maybe ill try transfering to the sd card... anybody else suggest this?
just to make sure are there any risks with doing this?
and also... how do you do that?:icon_eek:

louy99

Reaction score
You do this under settings,applications,manage applications. Pick an app and it gives you the option to move it to sd card. It perfectly safe. That's a feature built in for the droid 2 for a reason.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App