droid 2 global global mode vs. cdma

Reaction score
Global mode has it searching for both CDMA and GSM networks. If you're using it in the US, you can only use CDMA, so you might as well set it to CDMA, it'll save you battery life. Just remember to switch it back if you intend to travel overseas with the phone.

silver6054

Reaction score
Global mode has it searching for both CDMA and GSM networks. If you're using it in the US, you can only use CDMA, so you might as well set it to CDMA, it'll save you battery life. Just remember to switch it back if you intend to travel overseas with the phone.
Some of the previous VZ global phones clearly stated that in Global mode, GSM was searched only if no CDMA signal was found. Can't see such as a statement with this phone. Anyone know if that's what it does? (In which case Global and CDMA are about equivalent in areas with strong CDMA)

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
i have a question as well. im not trying to hijack your thread but i feel this is relevant.

If you switch it to to CDMA mode, what type of roaming mode does it need to be on? Home only or Automatic? Im asking because I had to switch out my D2G with another one because of a GPS issue and i had it in CDMA mode. With the new one i just received it wouldnt let me switch it without picking a roaming mode but my friends D2G doesnt make him select one. is that clear?

So what do i do? do i pick one or is something wrong with one of the phones?

B