CDMA / GSM switch widget for D2G

Soladzur

Reaction score
I'm looking for a widget or application for fast switching of network mode on Droid 2 Global. CDMA/GSM.

Since I use both networks (GSM for voice and CDMA evdo for fast and cheap internet) - it can be very useful.
thanks!

r314bd

Reaction score
I've looked for something like this extensively to no avail.

The closest option you have currently is to create a shortcut icon to the "Network Settings" menu page with either a custom launcher or BetterCut. Once you click the icon, the first option is to switch between GSM/CDMA.

In LauncherPro, long hold home screen -> Shortcut -> Activities -> Dialer -> Network Settings

If you use BetterCut you can use a custom icon as well. That's what I did for my mom's D2G while she was traveling so she could switch easily, just had that icon on her homescreen

I'm sure it's fairly easily to program a widget like that too.

Last edited:

gilmourd

Reaction score
I'm looking for a widget or application for fast switching of network mode on Droid 2 Global. CDMA/GSM.

Since I use both networks (GSM for voice and CDMA evdo for fast and cheap internet) - it can be very useful.
thanks!

If you don't mind me asking, which carriers do you use for GSM and which for CDMA? Are you in the states?

CellZealot

Reaction score
He is in Ukraine so he can do that there. Can't do it in US without a band unlock hack.

wirecutter

Reaction score
The D2G will work on other CDMA carriers besides vzw?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

CellZealot

Reaction score
Actually soladzur lives in the Ukraine and has modified the Nvm for data authentication with his carrier there. This cans also be done for CDMA carriers here in the US like Cricket and Metro.

wirecutter

Reaction score
You guys are too smart for me to hang with!
Actually soladzur lives in the Ukraine and has modified the Nvm for data authentication with his carrier there. This cans also be done for CDMA carriers here in the US like Cricket and Metro.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

eromrab

Reaction score
I live in the States. I can switch quickly between TMO/ATT and VZW pretty easily using the previously mentioned LauncherPro activity shortcut. Pretty sweet :)