Droid 2 global d2g GINGERBREAD DEFINITELY COMING!

OP
Bense

Bense

Reaction score
A big giant pony you to verizon from me. They're holding back the GB update while the push the rest of the d2g's. They don't want the droid3 to look to similar in features to the d2g.

The war between engineers and marketing is always so darn frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
A big giant pony you to verizon from me. They're holding back the GB update while the push the rest of the d2g's. They don't want the droid3 to look to similar in features to the d2g.

The war between engineers and marketing is always so darn frustrating.

what do u mean push? are u saying that some will get it and others wont? almost like a soak test?

ive given up o GB at the moment, i will stick with heXen untill CM is less buggy and more stable.

The only advantage of GB OTA, is for the devs, and the n00bs with d2g's who have no clue.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
More like a conspiracy to just eol our phones after the update...tote the d3, drop the d2g. Where'd I leave that A-10...

Sent from a Milestone 2 somewhere in a strangereal world...

Asphyx

Reaction score
The D3 won't hit actual stores until the 14th I believe. It's all online and phone orders now. Those who pre-ordered just started getting them.

Soon you might even here of a shortage of them and thats about the time I expect them to release the OTA for D2G.

It will come at some point and once it does I will probably never need one again cause I'll be running CM7!

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
It actually probably will. the DX needed gingerbread before streaming worked properly.
and CM7 although with a few bugs IS gingerbread and netflix streams fine on it.

Last edited:

Ryujin13

Reaction score
So now that the D3 is officially available in the VZW stores, wonder how much longer till the update comes out...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
Doesn't the 27th seem a little far for our update? I know there are people with the D3, and its running GB, with a variant of Blur... so what the he'll moto! Lol wait what do I care... :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Well they never said anything about “shortly after Droid 3 launches”, and this never was official.