Droid 2 global d2g GINGERBREAD DEFINITELY COMING!

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
I would guess that we'll get it magically around the time of the droid 3's release

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Ryujin13

Reaction score
According to the leak of the D3 specs, the D2G will receive the 2.3 update after the D3's release

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
so is there a stable build for CM for the D2G? im tired of waiting for the OTA, and if i must i might go to ANGEL again

OP
Bense

Bense

Reaction score
The fact that motorola is more focused on developing new devices, rather than making sure that their pre-existing devices are functioning properly is a sure reason as to why I will not go for another motorola device again.

This is serious bull****. How hard can it be? I mean really. The device drivers are already written for the same kernel series, It's not like they are developing gingerbread. What a bunch of slackasses.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
so is there a stable build for CM for the D2G? im tired of waiting for the OTA, and if i must i might go to ANGEL again

I am running the latest version of cyanogenmod for the global and i have to say its pretty sweet. Its a little buggy but the amount of options it gives.you fir customizations is awesome.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

MrHatchi87

Reaction score

I am running the latest version of cyanogenmod for the global and i have to say its pretty sweet. Its a little buggy but the amount of options it gives.you fir customizations is awesome.

thats my issue, i dont want alot of bugs... i need a solid beta, that wont reboot automatically, and all that. i just want something LIKE stock, but de-blurred and as fast as i can run it.

I loved ANGELROM, and i hope CM is along those lines

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Cm will top anything available for the d2g thus far. I would suggest heXen for you. I ran it hard since its release and never had an issue.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Go with cm then. It's at a point where it can be used everyday, provided you can get to a charger as the battery life is somewhat limited. Since I'm Canada at the moment, am using fenom so my phone doesn't die unexpectedly (and so I have a working camera/camcorder). Otherwise, I'd be on cm
Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world...

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
I might run HeXen for a bit, and then try Fenom till CM is less buggy. And I've found the Rom info :)

Also, does anyone have the apk for koush's bootstrap? I had it before but idk where it is. I usually use like Applanet, but since its down... I need some help

Last edited:

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I dont have it right now. Runni g cm7 but if you google droid 2 bootstrapper you can download it from koushs site for free.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I might run HeXen for a bit, and then try Fenom till CM is less buggy. And I've found the Rom info :)

Also, does anyone have the apk for koush's bootstrap? I had it before but idk where it is. I usually use like Applanet, but since its down... I need some help

Check your pm box!

From the Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
ive found the info for heXen, and Fission, i will deal with them on tuesday ( my next day off ) and thanks for the PM ldopa :) so what would i need RSD lite, and Bootstrap?

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
I couldnt wait to get HeXen, so i got it up and running! i LOVE IT right now! i might try fission soon, but that might not be till August. Thanks for all the help guys! no need for GB on this thing!