Droid 2 Global and 2012 VW Touareg

lperagallo

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 Global phone that has a contact list that is synced from my corporate sync outlook account. That all works great. I have a 2012 VW Touareg that has built in bluetooth. It imports contacts into the car system so I can use the voice dialing within the car. The issue is that while it imports the phone numbers, teh contact names are missing. In fact what it does is move the first phone number into the last name. So I end up with the last name and phone number field loaded with the phone number.

Any suggestions how I can get the Touareg to accept the Droid contact format?

Thanks,
Lou

STVA

Reaction score
I would post this on a VW forum. The problem could be the phone, but I would guess that it's more likely to be the car. Maybe the dealer has a firmware update?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
We got our honda oddessey with the same sounduing feature as you, i know its not VW but i can only relate so much.. anyway the contacts sync up like that to. I guess i didnt think much of it. A suggestion would be maybe odering your contacts to just one name like "John_Doe" or if you cant use that character then "John'Doe" "JohnDoe" "John.Doe" something like that. i know its irritating but its either the car system adapts to you or you adapt to the car system. You would probably on need to do it once only when the system uploads the contacts but idk. A biggy here would be to take it down to the dealership. If i buy a car im allowed to waste their time a little. They probably welcome the questions anyway.