Droid 2 Extended Battery on Droid 1 Pics

What kind of battery life improvement are you getting so far? I'm considering this upgrade...

Thanks for sharing the pics!

i'm guessing with one of these it won't fit the dock anymore?

The multimedia dock, yea. I put it in the car dock, but its TOO snug.
I've seen on this forum that someone used an exacto knife to cut open a hole on the back of the car dock and got it to fit good

Droidforums.net appified!

What kind of battery life improvement are you getting so far? I'm considering this upgrade...

Thanks for sharing the pics!

I can definitely go all day now with HEAVY use without having to charge. When I say heavy I'm addicted to my phone...lol

Heh, I did the exact opposite, used my Seidio extended battery from my old Droid 1 on my Droid 2... Now that I'm overclocked using a ULV setting, I can go all day without a charge... Before I couldn't though. I'm almost tempted to get my D2 battery back from my sister and give her this extended one.

Moved to the Droid 2 general discussion section

Ok I'm confused. I posted this so other Droid 1 users can see whether they want this extended battery.

Granted Droid 2 users can compare battery sizes too.

Oh well.

I'm going to give this a try as well... Just ordered me a BP7X kit from Verizon. $49.95 with free shipping -- only a few $$ more than the 1500 mAh slim battery from Seidio, but with 360 mAh additional capacity, and won't force me to buy a new Multimedia Dock like the 2800 mAh battery would.

I'll let y'all know my experiences when the new battery arrives.

Received the new Droid 2 Extended Battery today (with the included new battery-door).

Such an EASY FIT into the Droid 1. Inserting the battery was a piece of cake -- totally popped into place just as easily as the original battery used to.

Closing the new battery-door requires just a *bit* more force than the old one did, but really not bad at all. Never felt like I was going to break it trying to slide it into place; I just had to apply a little pressure to the bottom-end of the door while sliding it upwards and it popped in there...

Haven't had it long enough to know if it's going to be worth it, but I'm thinking it should be -- almost an extra 50% capacity, and I didn't have to buy a new multimedia dock.

So glad you posted this! I *never* would've thought about buying this battery if I hadn't seen this post.

*UPDATE*

The Body Glove Case for the Droid 2 FITS MY DROID.
But only the back half, the front half I still have to use the Body Glove case for my Original.

The Body glove case for the Droid 2 contains a bit of an extra "pocket" in the back that the official extended battery fits right into.

Looks like it fits nicely. I have a body glove case on my droid though. it wouldn't fit with that. Besides i get great battery life on it with Chevy's ulv kernels. I might however consider getting one for my droid X if I see fit.

I have a body glove case, but I don't use it because the "snaps" don't hold it anymore. it should fit because there was enough of a gap between the back of my droid and the case

my snaps are broken as well now so I am using "double face tab" and it work perfect!

q: how many hours you have with this and how much cost you?

so guys who wants to share how many hours you are getting with the extend battery?
me: original battery a little over medium use, at best 17 hours

Why is this buried in the D2 boards?
This is about putting a D2 Extended life battery in an ORIGINAL DROID...
Nothing like hiding some great info...

Maybe this needs to be moved?

Sweet thanks for the pics, I was thinking about getting one but I always assumed it would stick out like a sore thumb. I remember I got an extended battery for my LG vx8300 a few years ago and the thing was massive and protruded atleast a 1/4" out of the back of the phone and it looked horrible.

That's not so big - here is my Seidio 2800Mah and my Original Droid

jp98k8.jpg

wow that looks disgusting and the exact reason why I didnt want to get one. The slim one is big enough for me and slightly worries me about the docks since I have both :-/

Last edited:
Back