Droid 2 ext batt on droid 1 results

Relex

Reaction score
I have the Sedio rugged case, does this battery worth with hard cases?

Codiusprie

Reaction score
Ordered mine yesterday. Should get it tonight. I'll report out after a few days. But from what I've read this is a much better solution to the Seidio. And for those concerned with the Droid 2 cover, you can still use snap-on cases such as the Seidio uf you don't use the battery cover.

Cool, I am using the Seidio Innocase, if I use this battery without the back plate my hard case will still fit?

JimmyD

Reaction score
So, is the battery icon accurate for this battery? I use battery left, and am tired of turining it off then on for the Seido extended battery.

How much does this extended battery stick out? Could you possible post some pictures.

:icon_ worthless:

Pics Please!:biggrin:

Just a heads up for those just learning about this battery....

There's plenty of pics and info already posted in the original 22 page thread about Droid 2 extended battery running on the Droid 1.

Here's the thread >>> http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/69538-droid-1-2-extended-battery.html

Rhino413

Reaction score
I was the first to get this battery in the original 22 page thread
and the first to post pics and the first to report on it

if you go to that thread i have several detailed replies about the extended battery and the original droid car dock.

yes it works with the droid 2 car dock you don't need to use the droid 1 insert as the droid 2 insert is the same just has more room in the back because the droid 2 has the option for the extended battery.

battery left is worthless try using juiceplotter found on market

Jer

Reaction score

if you go to that thread i have several detailed replies about the extended battery and the original droid car dock.

yes it works with the droid 2 car dock you don't need to use the droid 1 insert as the droid 2 insert is the same just has more room in the back because the droid 2 has the option for the extended battery.

I don't have time to read a 22pg thread right now but if you had to assign a percentage increase over your previous battery... what would that number be? Does it last 20% longer, 30%? I cycle through three D1 batteries per day so this could make a pretty big difference for me.

Rhino413

Reaction score
But as I have said in all my replies on the 3 or 4 threads about this battery
is you will get some improvement over the stock battery but if you where getting crappy battery life to begin with i would suggest researching your phone setup. how you setup your phone will affect the battery life way more than just getting a new one. granted a new battery will be fresh and have more life to it than an old one. but if you going through three batteries a day. I would take a long hard look on how you set your phone up. sounds to me like it is messed up and eating batteries.

moneymatt

Reaction score
Its the extended battery for the droid 2.

Set Your Location

I'm just wondering if you can still use the car dock with it, if so I will definitely get this.

While I haven't tried one in mine to be able to report first hand I have heard that not only does the car dock still work but that it actually 'fits better' somehow. Now sure what that means but there it is.

It actually does fit better-

My take is when they were designing the droid-2's car dock, one of the build requirements was that a droid with the extended battery was able to fit.

In the real world that translates into a perfect fit with droid-2 + extended battery, and without it's a little loose with more play and not as solid of a fit- also harder to get the micro-usb to slide in.

tu3218

Reaction score

what about the droid 1 car dock? The original car dock for the first droid?

moneymatt

Reaction score

what about the droid 1 car dock? The original car dock for the first droid?

Dunno about that.. The droid-2 with extended battery or not does NOT fit in the droid-1 car dock.

I'd say there's a 50% chance the droid-1 with extended battery fits in the droid-1 car dock...

crap shoot in my mind.

Rhino413

Reaction score
Look read through the original 22 page thread I explain
that the original doid car dock does not fit the droid 1 with the extended battery on the dock puts way to much pressure on the exposed chin section of the droid
the only way to get it to fit is to modify it. I took a knife and shaved the two rails on the inside of dock so that they are now flat i also shaved down the thickness of the two little shoulders that hold the exposed chin of the droid 1 from the inside. and the little latch thing that actually clicks when then droid is put in has to be shaved as it is to thick as well.

Rhino413

Reaction score
not looking for thunder or lighting

just wanted to emphasize that most of these questions have been asked and
answered on the original thread