I'm impressed with the battery life of this phone

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
SetCPU is a MAJOR help. Before I loaded a custom ROM and OC'd I was getting about 12-18 hrs (still good by smartphone standards) but with SetCPU down-clocking it when sleeping and controlling the throttle (I run @ 950Mhz) I easily get 18-36 hours depending on use but I've yet (regardless of use) been in a position where I was worried or required to charge).

wil318466

Reaction score
That's right, you read the title correctly, it's not an error.

It's now 7pm my time...so my phone has been off the charger for 13 hours today. So far today I have:

- Had Bluetooth service turned on all day
- Made about 30 minutes of voice calls, all of which actually used the BT service
- Sent/received about 100 or so text messages
- Downloaded two new programs and updated a bunch from the market
- Had WiFi turned on for about 7 hours
- Used WiFi tethering at work without charging for an hour and a half
- Have LiveScores on to update me on the progress of NHL games around the league
- Browsed the internet for about 20 minutes this morning
- Have my phone overclocked to 1GHz
- Have 6 widgets running in the background that use the phone to update on a regular basis, 7 if you count the news/weather widget as two widgets
- Sent about 10 emails from GMail
- Showed an avid baseball fan that owns an Eris one game of Homerun Battle 3D
- Screen is on auto brightness with 1 minute timeout

And I still have 20% battery life left. :icon_ banana:

For what this phone does, the battery rocks if you know what you're doing and are diligent about shutting off the screen when not in use. I have a spare battery sitting out waiting to swap but it looks like I might be able to get through most of the rest of the night without it.

I'd say you are in the minority here. I went from 40% last night to a warning message about needing a charge within 15 minutes last night.

There are obviously a lot of variables in each person's battery life, especially user installed apps and user habits, but I'd say most people think the battery life is medicore, at best.

I'm getting tired of always being scared of running out of juice (although I'm usually near a charger) I just spent 18 bucks to buy a travel charger with 2 extra batteries for a trip next week. Can't run out of juice when using something important like navigation in a rent-a-car. This way I can always have a spare full, and 1 charging.

-Wil

OP
M

Matth3w

I don't use my phone for navigation or watching movies or listening to music, so that helps.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
as a "counter-test", i was in a very low-reception area yesterday, and my phone drained from 90% to 20% in about 3-4 hours. so in a low-reception zone, remember to put on Airplane mode!

OP
M

Matth3w

Yeah, no doubt. Constantly searching for a signal is going to suck that battery dry quicker than a two dollar hooker. But honestly, that's any phone. Even my LG enV3 which used to get 4-5 days of usage drained in less than a day when I was in a low signal area.