Droid 2 Dock killing battery

GreyStorm

Reaction score
I can't exlplain this. I kill all proecesses and anything that is running.

All day, my Droid 2 sits on my desk in its great looking desk and shows charging and is almost always at 90% or above (depends on how much I use it during the day).

However, when i go to be at night, and turn off the lights. the Droid elves must come out and call china all night long.

Because in the morning, my battery charge shows 20% or under. and that should NOT be possible. Not only is it docked to the WALL Charger and not USB, so its got constant chargming power regardelss of the computer status..

And NOTHING is running on it. Nothing outside the normal. Email, etc. no extra apps. nothing.

but it stays charged all day in the docking station, even with me picking it up and using it from time to time, but then pretty much drains the battery overnight when NOTHING is happening on it.

Any thoughts?

Any help?

Thanks

Gerry

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
are you sure its pushed down all the way on the docking station? bad dock? bad battery?

dangerous_D

Reaction score
Download watchdog and battery monitor from marketplace. They will help you figure out what's going on. You'll probably discover that your app killer is counter productive.

You could have a bad battery or defective charger/dock, which probably wouldn't be easily apparent even with watchdog and battery monitor.

celblazer

Reaction score
Is the outlet its plugged into turning off with the lights by chance? Try changing the outlet it's plugged into at night maybe.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sure sounds like the charger isn't getting plugged in. I've had that happen to me a couple of times.

OP
G

GreyStorm

Reaction score
Great Thoughts

Definitely great minds think alike. I have tried all these things.

I can use the phone all day get to about 30% battery life and set it on the docking station and it will charge all day till it gets to 100%.

then in the morning its down, under 50% usually. I kill ALL apps before I go to bed so nothing but the basic is running. No open apps.

Its plugged in to a dedicated wall socket that isn't tied to a light switch.

No lose connections. Believe me, I have checked all these many many times over and over in case I missed it. its a freak thing.

Right now, its on the docking station showing Charging (90%) with the lightening bar in the green battery icon. it will hit 100% and the lighting bolt will go off.

And somewhere in the next 12 hours or so it will drain back down to under 50%. This morning it was at 30%.

And I have tried ever thing I can think of. I do have the task monitor app (paid for one) and the battery app to watch what is happening and I can not see anything out of the ordinary.

Well, I guess I keep looking.

OP
G

GreyStorm

Reaction score
Docking app/service

Is there a docking service or application I need to run on the Droid 2 so it knows its in a docking station and connected to power full time?

I noticed finally, after going away from my computer for an hour or so, after sitting in front of it for hours. The phone stayed on with the time, and charging message, etc the entire time I was there.

But when I cam back, the screen was black and the battery was down to 80%.

and I swear, it HAS power, one I lifted the phone, put it back on charger (did nothing to it) it charged back to 100% in a few minutes.

So, is it the phone doing something wrong? I already kill all apps when I leave my desk

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
This sounds like a wiring problem. If my phone is plugged in I can run everything on it and it never even touches the battery. Does it do this with just the wall charger or only in the dock? Might need a new dock??

Sent from somewhere...

OP
G

GreyStorm

Reaction score
Tested all therios

Well, I have tried everything.

2 seperate wall chargers, different sockets, used the USB port on PC to charge

Each time, it would charge to %100, stay that way it seems all day.

But when I wake up in the morning, the battery is completely dead.

Oh, also tried a new battery, no change there.

So, this is stumping.

I am going to try NOT using the Multimedia stand tonight and see if its just the stand. if battery is dead in the morning, I have a defective phone. but its weired how it will say %100 charged all day while I am sitting at my desk working with it in the Dock, and then only after I go to bed does it start to drain the battery to 0%