Docking the Droid

cen28468

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I have an issue that may be a simple fix, but after some searching, I can't seem to find the answer.

When I take my Droid 2 off my desk dock, it automatically turns the ringer on. I keep my phone on vibrate about 90% of the time. Is there any way to stop this?

I know it is just a minor annoyance, but I would appreciate any help.

Oh, one more thing, beginning this morning, Power Manager launches everytime I dock it. Is there a way to turn this off?

Thanks experts!

TheRealKrobar

Reaction score
I'm getting a dock for christmas I'm told by a little birdie, so no, I haven't experienced this but I'll let you know in a few weeks? hehe

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Using both the car dock & desk dock with my original Droid. Never had this problem. (I use Phone Weaver to control profiles and sounds, depending on time, location, or whether docked...)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

gunz.jones

Reaction score
I haven't had this issue and leave my phone on vibrate 99% of the time. On stock and all the roms I have switched around, no similar issues. The dock hasn't turned anything on more than clock or desk modes...sounds like a software issue.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Dmaxin

Reaction score
I was constantly hitting the ringer volume key and someone on this forum pointed me to RingGuard. That app requires you to confirm that you intended to change the volume and if you don't respond within 15 seconds RingGuard returns your ringer to whatever you had it preset to. It works great for me.

stevenfmurray

Reaction score
I had a somewhat similar issue recently. I use the car dock, and every time I took it out of the dock, it would bring up the call log screen. Due to some other unrelated issues, I had to factory reset, and it hasn't had that problem since. I know that didn't provide you with much help, but just wanted to let you know that mine was doing some strange things similar to yours when un-docking.