Droid 2.3.4 Update problems! How do I uninstall?

dreamtomorrow

Reaction score
I got mine this morning, and have had tons of problems. Programs have been force closing everywhere-gmail, swype (had to uninstall it-that's how bad it got), app store, android market, and other random apps needed force closing where this was not a problem before. My music doesn't pause anymore when I get a text (not a big deal, but I liked the pausing for a couple seconds). Some apps got deleted and had to re-install them. I REALLY want to uninstall this update unless they fix the bugs in the next day or two. But not sure how to uninstall. Sigh. The battery seems to last longer but it takes longer to charge as well. Also the "low memory" symbol is back on the notification bar and I had just gotten rid of it. AHHFHDHAHSDFADS. Help me uninstall so I can have my slower but usable phone back!

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can't uninstall. Sorry. You're just going to have to use some workarounds in the interim until the bugs are worked out.

Saryon

Reaction score
Try a factory reset. That helped my DroidX when I got gingerbread. You'll need to activate and download your apps again but, meh, that's the fun part! :-D

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

richkev

Reaction score
I haven't received the update, yet, but suddenly I am having all of the same problems described by the OP. I've had to delete and redownload almost all of my apps to get them to work. Maybe the problem isn't related to the update? I've been hoping for the update, thinking it might solve my problems...

Sent from my Dinc using DroidForums

Dstraut

Reaction score
I'm having the same problems as richkev... my phone has been super glitchy for about a week now - lots of fc's and apps saying they aren't installed on my phone anymore

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

dsmusicbox

Reaction score
Droid Forums and Fast Burst Camera were suddenly gone on my phone last night, and I know I used both yesterday. I have also been having memory issues throughout the last week or so. My green screen of death is gone, but I am not a fan of apps disappearing on their own.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums