How do I UNinstall Launcher Pro?

EbbieDeb

Reaction score
I've heard all this good stuff about Launcher Pro, so I thought I'd download it from the App market, and if I didn't like it, just uninstall it like I have done with other programs I no longer wanted.

However,... It does not come up in the uninstall program that I downloaded *Uninstaller Pro", and I don't see any way to get rid of it. HELP!

It took my Droid X from 7 homepages to only 3. And all my on screen icons have disappeared.

I don't think I like this and want rid of it....

What do I need to do??

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
its a whole new home page - gotta reload it the way you want

you can set the number of homescreens you have in preferences - click menu button

but if you still wanna uninstall, go settings>applications>manage apps> and then scroll to it

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
When you go into the market and to your downloads, is the app there? Click on it and there should be an uninstall at the bottom...if that doesn't work, from your homescreen - press menu - settings - applications - manage applications - locate launcherpro, open and click uninstall there...

However, it sounds like you have to customize and change the settings - number of screens, add icons / widgets, etc...to get it to look like the home screen you were used to...

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Press menu then preferences and you can set up launcherpro how you'd like. To uninstall go to settings, applications, manage applications and find launcherpro then click on it. It will prompt you asking what to do

OP
EbbieDeb

EbbieDeb

Reaction score
Thanks Everyone. I see where I can Uninstall it now. I panicked for a moment, thinking a permanently changed something I didn't want to change.

Maybe I will play with it a little with the preferences, and see if I like it. Now that I know I can delete it.... and am out of panic mode...and no longer thinking I "really" screwed something up. Cuz I'm still learning the phone, little by little...

Thanks to everyone who replied,, and so quickly. I'll play for a bit and make a decision. You guys are the best!

lcosta02

Reaction score
I have it, and I'm very happy with LauncherPro. I upgraded to the Plus and it's great.

Mule65

Reaction score
I removed all widgets before installing LauncherPro.

The new version gives you a way to hide unused app drawer icons! Nice!

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Also btw, I don't see a need for apps like an uninstaller program because the android system has that built into it. Same with task killers, do it in Android!

Stick with Launcher Pro, learn how to use it, read up on it... it's awesome.

OP
EbbieDeb

EbbieDeb

Reaction score
I have it, and I'm very happy with LauncherPro. I upgraded to the Plus and it's great.

So far I have kept the Launcher Pro.

What differences are there in the PLUS version?
I'm still getting past the "learning curve".

I cannot get the 5 icons per line to work for me, no matter what I do. I have gone into preferences and Advanced Settings, and clicked on 5 Icon rows on Homescreen. And still get 4.

I also checked Stretch 4 row to 5 Row in order to fill the screen. But neither seems to work.

Looks like I have some reading up to do. :)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

So far I have kept the Launcher Pro.

What differences are there in the PLUS version?
I'm still getting past the "learning curve".

I cannot get the 5 icons per line to work for me, no matter what I do. I have gone into preferences and Advanced Settings, and clicked on 5 Icon rows on Homescreen. And still get 4.

I also checked Stretch 4 row to 5 Row in order to fill the screen. But neither seems to work.

Looks like I have some reading up to do. :)

The Plus version offers widgets specifically for LauncherPro - currently, the dev has completed a contact and bookmark widget but there are several more to come out...if you go to the dev's website, it discusses his plans there..you cannot purchase Pro in the market, it is via PayPal...

I cannot answer the other part of your question - but ima sure someone will come along and do so... =)

OP
EbbieDeb

EbbieDeb

Reaction score
Is that the only difference in the Plus version? The Widgets? Or is there something else?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Is that the only difference in the Plus version? The Widgets? Or is there something else?

Nothing else, just the widgets...and you support the dev for his work. I don't use the widgets right now - I did mess around with the people widget but I do not like alot on my screens and whatever I do have there, I like to be transparent LOL but I like the launcher so I donated...besides, I have spent $3 on worse things...like fishnet stockings LOL just kidding...

droible

Reaction score
Related question... If I install launcher pro and decide to uninstall, will my original home screen still be set up the same way or will I have to reconfigure that from scratch too?

razingkane

Reaction score
Press menu then preferences and you can set up launcherpro how you'd like. To uninstall go to settings, applications, manage applications and find launcherpro then click on it. It will prompt you asking what to do

Hey patmw123............

Just want to say thanks for these directions. I think I like what I see from Launcher Pro but don't have the time to dive into it and needed my phone back from Launcher Pro.

Thanks.......dancedroid

BAD18

Reaction score
I tried Launcher Pro but I then all my apps disappeared from my screens. On the home page I lost my big time and weather app and I couldn't get it back. I think LP would be good but it is just very complicated for a newbie. I looked at the manual and that didn't help me. Is there somewhere to go to learn how to set it up??

Thanks.