Droid 2 2.3.3 Question

Fletch71011

Reaction score
This might be a stupid question, but I put my phone into an infinite boot loop, and thus went into stock recovery. Prior, this phone was rooted and running Liberty 2.0.1, but now that I did a stock reset and wipe, it is running Android 2.3.3. Not sure how this happened, but my phone is not being recognized by SBF so I can't unroot or flash it back to Froyo. Any idea what I can do? I want to flash a new GB rom, but I am afraid to do it without installing the official GB ROM here. I bought this phone on Craigslist, but just have no idea why a stock reset would put me at 2.3.3.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Yea this makes no since at all....try powering off hold up and power at the same time then hit the magnifying glass when the exclamation point comes up wipe date factory reset then try to sbf again and see what it says....what version of rsd a running?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
are you sure it wasn't 2.3.2? as tillyswilly said, what version of rsd are you using and do you have the proper drivers installed?

OP
F

Fletch71011

Reaction score
Yea this makes no since at all....try powering off hold up and power at the same time then hit the magnifying glass when the exclamation point comes up wipe date factory reset then try to sbf again and see what it says....what version of rsd a running?

are you sure it wasn't 2.3.2? as tillyswilly said, what version of rsd are you using and do you have the proper drivers installed?

I agree that it doesn't make any sense. I factory reset again, same problem. RSD is the most recent version, and I have all the drivers installed, and I've tried it on multiple computers as well. I can take screenshots if you would like as well. The home screen has 7 screens as well, which is really weird as well. As I said, I picked up this phone on Craigslist, and have several other rooted phones and have never had a problem as strange as this.

Insidious

Reaction score
Happened to me one time wiping my dalvik cache. Verizon took me through the power and x things and we tried a factory reset and it didn't work.. they gladly sent me a new D2 Though because they guessed the problem was AVG not playing nice.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Reaction score
If you want to SBF, you need to turn the phone off and hold the up arrow on the keyboard while pressing/holding the power key. This will put you into the bootloader, and you should be able to SBF.