Droid 1 with no signal.

M1dnite

Reaction score
Hey - I'm posting this for a co worker.

MY Droid1 reset on its own last night while typing an email, when it booted up it said I had no service and it had changed the date to 12/31/1969. I just rooted the device and this happen. This phone is new replacement from verizon. The phone is not on airplane mode, and I did a reset in recovery. under 'About Phone>Status' isit says unknown under My phone number, MIN, PRL Version, MEID, Network, Mobile Network type.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
It would probably be best for the person who owns the phone to sign up and post their own problems, it's difficult enough sometimes to provide help one-on-one.

Try restoiring a backup.

good luck

OP
M

M1dnite

Reaction score
It would probably be best for the person who owns the phone to sign up and post their own problems, it's difficult enough sometimes to provide help one-on-one.

Try restoiring a backup.

good luck

Well, I work in IT at my company, and he has a question about his droid. Since I have one I was thinking I would be best to help. I do not think he would make an account, since I am the IT guy. Since this is replacement droid, he does not have a back up for this device. Before he had a chance to create one this happened.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I have seen this happen with certain kernels or when the rom and kernel don't play nice.

I would really need to know a couple of things to help more. How did they root their droid (one button method, easy root, or followed a guide, etc). Also what rom are they running and what kernel do they have installed.

Oh and also what recovery are they running (Clockwork Mod or SPRecovery).

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint