Droid has no service baseband is unknown cannot dial 228

mr.motoman

Reaction score
my phone got a little bit wet it was in my pocket when a little kid threw a cup of water at me it didnt get soaked my shirt was big enough to cover my phcket but as i took my phone out of my pocket my phonerestarted a few times and wouldnt start for a while then worked fine but with no service unknown baseband, min, phone number, prl version, meid, network, mobile network type signal stregnth= 0dBm 0 asu, service state= out of service, mobile network state= disconnected, bluetooth and wifi mac address unavailable.
i rooted to froyo 2.2 and installed flash it worrked fine but still no signal and when i tried to dial any number it says mobile network not available. i tried returning to stock but could not get rid of super user app and my bpimage is corrupt i need a guide on how to flash all these things please anyone help me

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Wow. And I thought I wrote long sentences.

For one, once you get your phone wet in the slightest, TURN IT OFF and leave it off until it dries out. I was camping out a couple of months ago and woke up to find that I hadn't put my phone completely under cover and the overnight drizzle had got the back of it slightly wet. It showed Dec 31, 1969. I turned it off, dried off what I could, and let the rest dry before I even thought of powering it back on.

Try that first, but I fear from what you have said, it may be too late if you've tried to do so much with it still on and wet.

good luck

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Have you tried flashing a .sbf with rsdlite?

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk

OP
M

mr.motoman

Reaction score
yes i have flashed a few new sbf i am currently verizon stock 2.1 update 1. this happened about 2 months ago i just recently tried to start fixing it.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
So exactly what state is your phone in now, again. If it powers up, please do this on your phone:

Menu -> settings -> about phone and post the last half of what that screen shows.

And then let us know if you have a custom recovery image on your phone, i.e. SPRecovery and/or ClockworkMod Recovery. If in doubt, power off your phone, slide out the keyboard, then while holding down the 'x' key on the keyboard the whole time, power your phone back up and describe what the screen shows there. And once you're done with that last step, just power your phone back off and on normally, it won't hurt a thing.

tallnerd1985

Reaction score
The issue at hand is that the Antenna or secondary processor that handles the radio got fried when you got the phone wet and thats why its not showing any reception or connection with the network. Under these circumstances, there is nothing really you could do to fix it. My suggestion is to file either an insurance claim or play coy with the Verizon rep and say that you've hard reseted your phone and such and its still not working. Water marks are usually not checked because its up to the customer to state that or if there is water in the vapor seal of the touchscreen.