Droid 1 replacement shipping from Memphis?

LOL Egg looks like we got our phones taken at the same time.

I went in about 5:00 PM yesterday, and Motorola had shipped it out by 7. Overnight. Now it's waiting in the FedEx office for me.

I have heard of a FEW cases where someone received a D2 when making a warranty claim on a D1.. I am in the middle of having my second d1 replaced (within two days) hoping if i have another problem i can get switched to something else.. or AT LEAST a new D1.. I may shoot for a store before calling warranty again though.

I have heard of a FEW cases where someone received a D2 when making a warranty claim on a D1.. I am in the middle of having my second d1 replaced (within two days) hoping if i have another problem i can get switched to something else.. or AT LEAST a new D1.. I may shoot for a store before calling warranty again though.

My first droid's keyboard got hard and bubbly. Turned it in on warrenty about a month ago. Had it for less than a week and it was dropping calls left and right. Turned it in. Have had it for about two weeks and the keyboard is peeling up. Turned it in yesterday. My rep told me that it was getting replaced by a droid 2. Cant wait. Should be here tomorrow. To the OP. Good luck.

Last edited:

I went in about 5:00 PM yesterday, and Motorola had shipped it out by 7. Overnight. Now it's waiting in the FedEx office for me.

The rep said overnight but it was shipped 2 day with delivery by 7:00 PM. I had it shipped to my employer so I'm hoping it comes by 5 else I'll be putting in a little OT whether I like it or not.

3 days without my phone has taught me that I'm now a smart phone addict, I'm having serious withdrawals and have found myself playing with my dead Droid, hoping against all odds that it would mysteriously repair itself.

I ordered a replacement Droid for my faulty one I got 2 months back.

I made the order on Saturday, and I received the tracking code today from VZW.

The tracking code shows that it should arrive tomorrow, but the wierd thing is it is coming from Memphis, TN.

On the other threads it shows everyones replacements coming from Texas.

This shipping weight is 1 lb .5 kg and is shipping to Minneapolis.

Does this mean Im getting something other then a droid 1? :)

Are you sure your package isn't passing through Memphis? Here's my tracking info...

Oct 12, 2010 Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
Oct 12, 2010 Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
Oct 12, 2010 Departed FedEx location FORT WORTH, TX
Oct 11, 2010 Arrived at FedEx location FORT WORTH, TX
Oct 11, 2010 Left FedEx origin facility FORT WORTH, TX
Oct 11, 2010 Picked up FORT WORTH, TX

here is mine so far-

Date/Time Activity Location Details
Oct 12, 2010 4:06 PM Departed FedEx location - MEMPHIS, TN
Oct 11, 2010 3:27 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx
Oct 10, 2010 11:35 PM Arrived at FedEx location - MEMPHIS, TN
Oct 10, 2010 3:49 PM Picked up - MEMPHIS, TN

............... My rep told me that it was getting replaced by a droid 2. Cant wait. Should be here tomorrow. To the OP. Good luck.

Is this your local rep or someone on the phone? If I have problems with the replacement I want to make sure I get a suitable replacement. All I really want is a Droid 1 that works properly and is in as good of shape as the one that it is replacing.

wire fly insurance

i have a question about this replacements, somebody buy your phone in the wirefly website? because I use the insurance they got, pay 75 dollars for full year, somebody use this insurance? and what they give to you for replacement???

e weight of my droid 1 replacement was 1lbs and so was the dx I got so I'd say it was a d1 btw my dx also came from forthworth TX.

The rep said overnight but it was shipped 2 day with delivery by 7:00 PM. I had it shipped to my employer so I'm hoping it comes by 5 else I'll be putting in a little OT whether I like it or not.

3 days without my phone has taught me that I'm now a smart phone addict, I'm having serious withdrawals and have found myself playing with my dead Droid, hoping against all odds that it would mysteriously repair itself.

Where is your d1 replacement being shipped to?

I'm on my 4th refurb since 9/17,IIRC. 3 came from Texas, one from TN. When I asked about this, I was told it's generally random, but TX is open later in the evening.

Btw, FWIW, even after receiving a phone that I couldn't activate(#3), I was told there is zero chance of getting a new phone, or switching to a D2 or X refurb. Was told by 2 supervisors, and a store mgr to pay my ETF and switch carriers if I didn't want a refurb D1.

what was the problem with your phones lockeman? lockman

Last edited:
I'm on my 4th refurb since 9/17,IIRC. 3 came from Texas, one from TN. When I asked about this, I was told it's generally random, but TX is open later in the evening.

Btw, FWIW, even after receiving a phone that I couldn't activate(#3), I was told there is zero chance of getting a new phone, or switching to a D2 or X refurb. Was told by 2 supervisors, and a store mgr to pay my ETF and switch carriers if I didn't want a refurb D1.

Wow. See VZW was resently caught "stealing" from users the $1.99 data charge from people that didn't even have an active phone. They don't give a flip about a few people.

what was the problem with your phone lockeman? lockman

OG D1 screen became unresponsive.
CLNR1 blown speaker out of box.
CLNR2 made calls on it's own, slider was crap.
CLNR3 would not power up, slider was crap.
CLNR4 appears to be a new phone. Slider, screen stickers were virgin. So far, so good. :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Back