Droid 1 Internal Max Storage

roadrash

Reaction score
I've been messing around my old original Droid. After doing a complete factory reset, I noticed that the available memory is only 204 MB. I made sure that no applications were installed and I cleared out all the cache on all the internal apps like the browser, dialer, etc. I was expecting to see approx. 256 MB

This phone used to be rooted but I figured flashing it back to the stock SBF would have cleared out anything that any custom ROM would have used.

Anyone have any ideas? Is it possible that some of the internal storage is just corrupted thus unusable?

zachdroid

Reaction score
You have a stock os installed now right? That could be the used space. The oe program wasn't huge. There in is the missing space I would assume.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
R

roadrash

Reaction score
You have a stock os installed now right? That could be the used space. The oe program wasn't huge. There in is the missing space I would assume.

I actually replaced this one that I'm tinkering with with another used Droid because the screen was acting all screwy like I was constantly touching it. I noticed the difference when I activated the replacement phone and saw it had about 248 MB before I started setting everything up. That being said, I was thinking it wasn't the OS taking up the space.

zachdroid

Reaction score
It is completely possible that there are dead areas no longer available for use, could be the stock recovery too. Maybe.

OP
R

roadrash

Reaction score
It is completely possible that there are dead areas no longer available for use, could be the stock recovery too. Maybe.

I suppose the "good" news is that while I've been looking online for ideas, I noticed the original phone's screen started acting up again. I had started to wonder if maybe the screen issue had been software related after all and I had wasted my $$$ buying replacement. I might just end up using the original for target practice.

<sigh> it was a good run and a great phone while it lasted. looking forward to upgrade time now. I hope the replacement Droid lasts that long.