Drew Garen issue.

u83rmensch

Reaction score
I loaded drew garen gingerbread rom from the clockwork mod application. rebooted into recovery and it appeared to have gone through successfully however it now hangs at boot (shows the) drew garen logo with the joker to right of it .. the logo replacing the Motorola M logo. Its stuck and I cant get it back into the clock work recovery loader or the phone OS. only thing i can pull up is by pressing power and home at the same tried wiping the data cache and wiping data/factory reset.. with other roms that failed I could do this and then reboot into clockwork by pressing the volume down button and power at the same time.. this does not work any longer.

can any one help me out here.. any ideas maybe?

just to verify im using droid X and clockwork recovery should be the latest at 4.4.0.6

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Unfortunately to me it sounds like you need to SBF your phone.

And I am not familiar with the ROM you are referring to but the reason it didnt work may have been because it was not for the Droid X. I would double check it before you attempt to use it again.

OP
U

u83rmensch

Reaction score
perhaps. I think i did this awhile back on my original moto droid. this involves using the sdk/adb and loading a rom on it manually no? any good tutorials you could point me towards to get me started,
its been so long since i did it before..

think i got it actually..thank you very much.. i forgot about being able to do this.

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Glad you got it!

And sorry I had gone to sleep by the time you had posted asking for a link to a good guide.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
U

u83rmensch

Reaction score
I've tried to reload this ***** via the RSD lite. it keeps failing (perhaps the wrong the .sbf file?) but now my phone is saying "battery low, cannot program" I've left it plugged into a wall outlet all night to charge but it still has the same message. any one know how to fix this?

edit: after a little research it looks like i might have to charge it with another droid phone :( who the hell decided that the charge function should be initiated via software.. I should be able to charge the phone even if its bricked :p

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Very true. It does not charge unfortunately. You will need to charge it externally you are correct as far as that goes.

Which sbf file are you trying to use? And do you want to be on froyo (.340) or gb (.596 or. 602) when you are done?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
U

u83rmensch

Reaction score
well.. I've tried a few from this page: https://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdroidx/home

I'd like to be back on 2.1 or 2.2 then upgrade to a 2.3 custom rom. I dont want the hastle of going to OTA 2.3, then have to downgrade to 2.2.. might as well just drop back to 2.2

Im using win 7 x64 but it some other research seems to suggest that 64 bit windows seems to fail frequently and that they reccomend using win xp32 or linux.. im lazy and dont feel like trying linux right now (even though i know more about linux then windows :p ) so im gonna try it in a winXp 32 virtual machine. if all else fails I'll load up my linux partition and get back to ya :D

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I have always done it on win 7 - 64 but who knows. And that link has the OS 2.2.1 I always use (the first one at the top) so its not an issue with the SBF as far as I can tell. It never hurts to verify the md5 to make sure it matches. There is also an SBF for the newest OTA, .602 if you decide to go that route.

But definitely let me know how you make out. I havent had to trouble shoot much with SBFing but I have done it a number of times.

OP
U

u83rmensch

Reaction score
yeah I'll let you know. I wont be able to try till i get home and can use my roommates battery or phone to charge my own battery.. as far as making out though.. if you're a hot chick im totally up for that.. other wise, im flattered but you'll have to learn else where.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
HAHA I knew I liked something about you. You have the same sense of humor I do :biggrin:

EDIT: I dont LIKE like you though. Just to be clear...

OP
U

u83rmensch

Reaction score
after trying this in win xp.. it seems that part way though.. the phone disconnects its self from teh computer (does not show in the RSD software or the device manager). after unplugging it and plugging it back in (to-from, the phone its self), it shows back up.. I dont know if its supposed to disconnect and reconnect automatically or if its not supposed to disconnect at all..

status when it disconnects: Phone[0000]: Waiting for re- enumeration.

It appears to time out and fail the flashing process

I get the error: Failed flashing process. Phone[0000]; Phone did not re-enumerate (0x703E); phone disconnected (mind you im typing this whole thing out as i go so yeah.. obviously now I can see its disconnecting)

going to try to simply un plug it and plug it back in when it does that..

well that seemed successful

f-it.. try'n win7 again

when through full flash.. appears to have flashed .. status is fished and result: pass..

rebooting phone does nothing.. goes back to bootloader 30.04, remove battery, try again: nope.. same thing :(

checking info of phone via RSD, still shows N/A for software version under the phone..

why it no work :(

ok.. not sure what changed.. i think i may have just mixed up the .sbf roms or somethign.. re downloaded the first link and it went through with out any issues.. not sure what was up with that :p

back to square one..

any pretty vanilla gingerbread roms you'd recommend?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Awesome! Which OS did you end up SBFing to? I can make a recommendation based on that.

OP
U

u83rmensch

Reaction score
I used the first link on that site.

i tried downloading the liberty tool box pro and installing their gingerbread 9.0 rom..

it failed :( stuck at boot again and now i cant get it back up.. so I'll be having to swap batteries again tonight, which is harder then it sounds. My room mates is a 21 year old perky young girl and its nearly impossible to pull scrape her eyeballs off her phones screen.. shes constantly using it.

anyway.. I'll get this ***** up and running.. eventually.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah unfortunately for that rom you needed to be on gb (2.3) already to flash it. The first file got you to froyo (2.2.1). There is quite a learning curve with the dx.

When you get back up and running just ask in here or pm me and ill help you make sure you can flash whatever it is.

Sent From the Mind and Fingers of JSM...

OP
U

u83rmensch

Reaction score
ok.. im back up with with stock 2.2.1 not sure wtf happened though.. the Motorola (the red robot eye thing) boot animation was replaced by the liberty eagle animation.. but its says its its build numbers is VZW (assuming its Verizon stock rom) .. my phone does not seem to play nice with this stuff..

anyway..so you're saying to get liberty gingerbread I have to go up to stock gingerbread? the instructions seemed to imply i need to be on 2.2.1 or 2.1

any suggestions?